Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade | Page 16 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade

I love to travel

Qantas
Platinum
My number of messages is the same even though I have done multiple postings. Also time zone is several hours ahead and cannot seem to fix this.

support

Established Member
Administrator

coriander

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Anyone else noticing that you have to log in with the latest Firefox (Quantum 67)? I have AFF as saved login and clicking on a link in my email client has opened the appropriate thread immediately. it has worked up till lasr upgrade but now I have to click "login" every time. If I switch to Chrome or Edge as my default browser, the required page opens up immediately - as expected.

support

Established Member
Administrator
Anyone else noticing that you have to log in with the latest Firefox (Quantum 67)? I have AFF as saved login and clicking on a link in my email client has opened the appropriate thread immediately. it has worked up till lasr upgrade but now I have to click "login" every time. If I switch to Chrome or Edge as my default browser, the required page opens up immediately - as expected.
I haven’t tried it but there may be a ‘cookie’ privacy setting that is disabling the browser from saving your login state. You could also be using private browsing, which does the same thing. Finally, it could be a bug. I’ll download the update and see what my experience is.

coriander

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Aaah, found the issue.
Options | Privacy & Security | Cookies and Site Data. For some reason "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" is checked (I haven't been in options for months!). I unchecked it, restarted Firefox, logged in, closed Firefox, clicked on link in email and thread opens up as before.. Whew!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

support

Established Member
Administrator
Aaah, found the issue.
Options | Privacy & Security | Cookies and Site Data. For some reason "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" is checked (I haven't been in options for months!). I unchecked it, restarted Firefox, logged in, closed Firefox, clicked on link in email and thread opens up as before.. Whew!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Updates to browsers these days tend to force users into ever more restricted privacy settings, which at the end of the day could be a great thing for the end-user as you're perhaps finally seen as a customer instead of the product, but it doesn't help if you want to "set and forget" and not bother logging into every site on the internet after each browser restart.

Gem56

Hi Sam
On my TR - Ouzo, Schnapps, Rosé & Prosecco , post 222 it's telling me " You are ignoring content by this member". I'm quite sure that I haven't done anything to produce this statement. Can you help?

support

Established Member
Administrator
Hi Sam
On my TR - Ouzo, Schnapps, Rosé & Prosecco , post 222 it's telling me " You are ignoring content by this member". I'm quite sure that I haven't done anything to produce this statement. Can you help?
You can check out who has been added to your ignore list at the following link. The message should only be displayed if you are ignoring someone. If this is not the case I may have to take a closer look.

Gem56

I've definitely never "ignored" anyone on AFF, and didn't even know the ability existed and still don't know how I would "ignore" them. I've never even heard of JPP42. Something has gone astray. To be quite honest, I hardly even go into AFF, except that I'm now doing the Trip Report for our current trip to give my +1 a break.

I've now "unignored" both of them.

support

Established Member
Administrator
I've definitely never "ignored" anyone on AFF, and didn't even know the ability existed and still don't know how I would "ignore" them. I've never even heard of JPP42. Something has gone astray. To be quite honest, I hardly even go into AFF, except that I'm now doing the Trip Report for our current trip to give my +1 a break.

I've now "unignored" both of them.
You may have accidentally clicked ignore, the button is close to conversation and follow.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm not sure what has changed recently, but I'm now receiving the AFF Gazette again.

support

Established Member
Administrator
I'm not sure what has changed recently, but I'm now receiving the AFF Gazette again.
This isn't really a Xenforo 2.1 issue.

We migrated to a new mailing list over the weekend, and this may have contained some old data. You can click unsubscribe "here" at the bottom and you'll be removed.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This isn't really a Xenforo 2.1 issue.

We migrated to a new mailing list over the weekend, and this may have contained some old data. You can click unsubscribe "here" at the bottom and you'll be removed.
Well, no, but it only broke once the upgrade had been done so maybe there was some small change in how it's dealing with mailing lists :)

support

Established Member
Administrator
Well, no, but it only broke once the upgrade had been done so maybe there was some small change in how it's dealing with mailing lists :)
Completely different system, sorry about that.

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Seems that if I subscribe to a forum, I am subscribed to every thread in that forum.

Even if I "unwatch" a specific thread within the forum, I am still getting notifications every time a post is added to that thread.

Is this normal?

support

Established Member
Administrator
Seems that if I subscribe to a forum, I am subscribed to every thread in that forum.

Even if I "unwatch" a specific thread within the forum, I am still getting notifications every time a post is added to that thread.

Is this normal?
This was implemented in 2013 and I would imagine is as designed (you've subscribed to receive notifications for all posts in the forum, hence you can't opt-out of any threads unless they're moved out of the forum). I shall have a further read though.

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I really like the new search function - now you can actually search for the Gin thread by just putting in Gin - a great improvement - Thanks

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
This was implemented in 2013 and I would imagine is as designed (you've subscribed to receive notifications for all posts in the forum, hence you can't opt-out of any threads unless they're moved out of the forum). I shall have a further read though.

So does that mean that if I unwatch a forum, it will unwatch every thread in that forum?

p--and--t

I am "watching" a number of threads for which I often (sometimes do) do not receive an alert on one or more new posts. They are set as watch with no email.

This seems to occur most often on Member Chit Chat, &view from my office

support

Established Member
Administrator
I am "watching" a number of threads for which I often (sometimes do) do not receive an alert on one or more new posts. They are set as watch with no email.
This is as designed. Watching a thread on Xenforo sends an alert when a new post is made, but not subsequent posts unless you have checked the thread. It will only ever send one alert per thread.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutricollector