Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade | Page 16 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade

I love to travel

My number of messages is the same even though I have done multiple postings. Also time zone is several hours ahead and cannot seem to fix this.

coriander

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Anyone else noticing that you have to log in with the latest Firefox (Quantum 67)? I have AFF as saved login and clicking on a link in my email client has opened the appropriate thread immediately. it has worked up till lasr upgrade but now I have to click "login" every time. If I switch to Chrome or Edge as my default browser, the required page opens up immediately - as expected.

support

Administrator
Anyone else noticing that you have to log in with the latest Firefox (Quantum 67)? I have AFF as saved login and clicking on a link in my email client has opened the appropriate thread immediately. it has worked up till lasr upgrade but now I have to click "login" every time. If I switch to Chrome or Edge as my default browser, the required page opens up immediately - as expected.
I haven’t tried it but there may be a ‘cookie’ privacy setting that is disabling the browser from saving your login state. You could also be using private browsing, which does the same thing. Finally, it could be a bug. I’ll download the update and see what my experience is.

coriander

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Aaah, found the issue.
Options | Privacy & Security | Cookies and Site Data. For some reason "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" is checked (I haven't been in options for months!). I unchecked it, restarted Firefox, logged in, closed Firefox, clicked on link in email and thread opens up as before.. Whew!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

support

Administrator
Aaah, found the issue.
Options | Privacy & Security | Cookies and Site Data. For some reason "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" is checked (I haven't been in options for months!). I unchecked it, restarted Firefox, logged in, closed Firefox, clicked on link in email and thread opens up as before.. Whew!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Updates to browsers these days tend to force users into ever more restricted privacy settings, which at the end of the day could be a great thing for the end-user as you're perhaps finally seen as a customer instead of the product, but it doesn't help if you want to "set and forget" and not bother logging into every site on the internet after each browser restart.

Gem56

Hi Sam
On my TR - Ouzo, Schnapps, Rosé & Prosecco , post 222 it's telling me " You are ignoring content by this member". I'm quite sure that I haven't done anything to produce this statement. Can you help?

support

Administrator
Hi Sam
On my TR - Ouzo, Schnapps, Rosé & Prosecco , post 222 it's telling me " You are ignoring content by this member". I'm quite sure that I haven't done anything to produce this statement. Can you help?
You can check out who has been added to your ignore list at the following link. The message should only be displayed if you are ignoring someone. If this is not the case I may have to take a closer look.

Gem56

I've definitely never "ignored" anyone on AFF, and didn't even know the ability existed and still don't know how I would "ignore" them. I've never even heard of JPP42. Something has gone astray. To be quite honest, I hardly even go into AFF, except that I'm now doing the Trip Report for our current trip to give my +1 a break.

I've now "unignored" both of them.

support

Administrator
I've definitely never "ignored" anyone on AFF, and didn't even know the ability existed and still don't know how I would "ignore" them. I've never even heard of JPP42. Something has gone astray. To be quite honest, I hardly even go into AFF, except that I'm now doing the Trip Report for our current trip to give my +1 a break.

I've now "unignored" both of them.
You may have accidentally clicked ignore, the button is close to conversation and follow.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PlexWeb