Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade

support

Administrator
Please post your feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 upgrade in this thread and we will try to respond in a timely manner.

Last edited:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Where do I find the setting for Full Website version on the smartphone?

support

Administrator
Where do I find the setting for Full Website version on the smartphone?
Can you explain where you found this setting in the previous version of Xenforo? Both previous and current work on a "responsive design" that automatically rearranges elements to best suit your screen. Quite often the site will render differently in portrait compared to landscape (the latter being closer to a desktop version as there is more horizontal width).

You could try switching to the AFF Style (Classic)? This is explained in the new guide (I'll add it to the first post) and the button is in the bottom left.

Pushka

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I quite like it. Does seem a little lighter in font but workable. Shame about the loss of hugs and Agree buttons though.

Do other emoticons work? They didn’t before. Will try now. Nope, just the ones in the Like area.

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
One thing I note is that in portrait on my phone, I no longer see the page number links in What's New. Does show up in portrait though.

Classic style also contains a lot more viewable space than the new style.
Eg. Facebook and Twitter logos take up a whole row on the new format

Last edited:

JohnK

AFF Supporter
@support not certain but the Full Website setting may have been at the bottom of the page.

I am using AFF Style (Classic).

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I get a black screen on my PC ( Win10 pro) with message to disable adblocker. I don't run an adblocker .... ( This from my phone :) )

Last edited:

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I like that the little blue dot for going to latest message has gone (awkward on phones) - now just hit the thread title to go to latest.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tanya C