Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade | Page 10 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Feedback on the Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Announced this evening in the Community Announcements forum.

This “banner” appears on members who have a GOLD membership. Essentially it notes that these members are supporting the site financially and is part of an ‘enhancement’ of GOLD membership privileges. More to come! ;)

It does replace the field normally used for user ranks based on posts, but you can see your level in your profile still.
At least I don't need to hit 10,000 posts now to become an enthusiast :p

Well, I do - but it's more hidden away now ;)

Buzzard

AFF Supporter
What's the significance of the box 'AFF Supporter' label just under the pen-name in the LH box? Most have it, but some 'regulars' do not.

Edit: Oh, it seems to be a 'number of posts' category?
It seems there has been a change of "status".

Buzzard

AFF Supporter
I don't know why I can't add smileys, underline, bold etc as the panel above where you write is greyed out, see attachment. Screenshot_2019-04-16-20-29-50-24.png

support

Administrator
I don't know why I can't add smileys, underline, bold etc as the panel above where you write is greyed out, see attachment.
Click the cog that is not greyed out. This switches between WYSIWYG and code view.

support

Administrator
Funny was a stupid feature of the previous version that was abused.

Now we have an Angry and is that also a Sad or Dislike emoticon?
We currently have:
  • Love
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Agree
  • Informative
There is the option to have a dislike reaction – a red thumbs down essentially, but as it wasn't enabled by default we left it alone.

rainbowgirl

AFF Supporter
Currently the way new posts are displayed there is a grey box with white letters saying new. Unfortunately the grey and white just blend in with the rest of the page and it's hard to recognise anything different unless I look really hard. On the old system I think it was red writing to indicate new posts and this stood out really well. Is this a customisable option? Do other formats and browsers and devices get a different colour for the new post box?

support

Administrator
Currently the way new posts are displayed there is a grey box with white letters saying new. Unfortunately the grey and white just blend in with the rest of the page and it's hard to recognise anything different unless I look really hard. On the old system I think it was red writing to indicate new posts and this stood out really well. Is this a customisable option? Do other formats and browsers and devices get a different colour for the new post box?
I'm not sure I understand where you are seeing this sorry. If possible, can you include a screenshot for me? Thanks.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
There. Fixed that for you. ;)
No need to add IMHO to my post as my post is my opinion.

Haha is wrong as that will get abused.

I suspect the same for Angry. Are you angry at the poster or the contents of the post?

And dislike should never be implemented on any forum as that allows posters to gang up on someone as happens now with other emoticons anyway.

All IMHO if you wish.

support

Administrator
Haha is wrong as that will get abused.

I suspect the same for Angry. Are you angry at the poster or the contents of the post?

And dislike should never be implemented on any forum as that allows posters to gang up on someone as happens now with other emoticons anyway.
Certainly, anything can be abused. Members have in the past repeatedly liked and unliked posts. When proven, access to that function can be removed.

Disabling a function for the many because a few might misuse it could lead to simply closing the internet.

Pushka

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Certainly, anything can be abused. Members have in the past repeatedly liked and unliked posts. When proven, access to that function can be removed.

Disabling a function for the many because a few might misuse it could lead to simply closing the internet.
Do you mean posters click ‘like’ and then ‘unlike’ quickly? I’m very often clicking the wrong emoticon because on the phone they are so tiny. Fat fingers and all that.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
We've proven it quite a few times but our requests have largely been ignored. One person in particular rated posts Funny where those posts were far from funny and at times were quite serious.

The other that hasn't gone unnoticed is the same 4 or 5 people liking posts that criticise me. Very low and childish.

support

Administrator
Do you mean posters click ‘like’ and then ‘unlike’ quickly? I’m very often clicking the wrong emoticon because on the phone they are so tiny. Fat fingers and all that.
Yes, but multiply it a little more than that so it almost floods their notifications. This would be easy enough to prove with a screenshot.

rainbowgirl

AFF Supporter
Thanks @JessicaTam
That's the exact feature I was trying to describe but I probably didn't make it clear enough.
Thanks for the screenshot. I can't due that on my system due to security issues so you were really helpful.
In short, I want the new indicator to really stand out like it did in the old interface.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danim