Family pooling question | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Family pooling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMC73

Flights
My Map
Hi was wondering if anyone can help.

My husband has over 1000 sc's earned mainly travelling domestic in the US so easily requals for plat however does not have enough sectors which will be no problem as will fly enough by requal date, however if he pools his sc's and points to someone else from now will the sectors he travels still reflect on his status?

Jurahn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Yes, the eligible sectors he flies will still credit to his account, even if points and SCs are being pooled to someone else.

I did a status run this week PER-MEL-PER and was pooling SCs to my husband's account as they will requalify him for Gold - the SCs and points have pooled correctly to his account, and the 2 eligible sectors are showing on my account.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
You can pool SC and points but not sectors

Regardless of how you pool your "sectors" will stay with you. Sectors revert to zero once you reach the next status level.

However once the SC has been credited to an account prior to pooling, it cannot then be pooled.
Points however can be shared. (i.e. your husband can pool the points from a flight, once it comes to you you can share it back to him or anyone else in your family)

All is not lost because while he is accumulating the sectors, once he reaches 1500 SC he can gift Gold status to you even if you don't fly much to achieve necessary sectors for Gold in your own right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annterena

Currently Active Users