extra tax on award + non-specified meals

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by parsonstrish, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. parsonstrish

parsonstrish Active Member

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    I am flying on award ticket soon and I've been rebooked on some AA flts. in US at their discretion.

Q.1: My e-ticket shows tax owing of $66.90. Underneath cost, it shows form of payment and the c.c. I originally used. No a/ports have been changed, just slightly different time scheduling on same date. Does anyone know why the extra tax.

Have I already been charged the money as it shows form of payment etc., etc.?

When I rang qf last wk. and had to confirm the changes that were made by airline, I wasn't asked to pay.

Q.2: My original booking e-ticket in Jan. showed veg. meals, but now it shows non-specified. I queried this with QF when I had to ring last wk and he put the veg. back in but booking still showing non-specified.

Thanks all,
    trish

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I feel it is unlikely you will need to pay any additional costs.

In fact the carriers have no right to do so as you were already ticketed.

I did notice last weekend AA introduced many changes to schedules, flight numbers etc.

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    What class on AA were you? If whY I am not sure they have special meals as options - not even sure in Domestic F or J.

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Domestically in Y they have no meals, special or otherwise. In F/J , I believe you are correct in the non provision of special meals

Dave

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yeah I recall Domestic F/J (maybe bar trans-continentals) not getting special meals. Cost cutting and all that. Can't be 100% sure though.