extra 5000points for flying to Uk

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by delsbells, Aug 14, 2005.

1. delsbells

delsbells Junior Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Hi Everyone,

I am new and have a question about the 5000 point reward for flying to the UK. I am doing a trip in September flying from
    MEL - HKK
    HKK - NRT
    NRT - HKK
    HKK- LHR
    LHR - ATH
    then continuing onto America. All the flights above will be completed in September.
    I have tried to check which flights are eligible but haven't been able to get far.
    Do you think I meet the criteria to get the extra 5000 points?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Thanks

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Welcome to AFF, delsbells.

The promotion you mention has the following conditions:

I'm posting the full copy here to discuss your points:

where Section 9.3.1 of the QFF T&C's read:

So now let's look at whether you meet the conditions:

1. I'm sure you have registered for the promotion (dumb question I know :roll: )
    2. Hopefully you're flying QF or BA metal (metal = own planes, not codeshared) as you didn't mention which carrier you are flying with on these sectors. You are flying "between Australia and London...via Hong Kong" (in accordance with the terms above). The fact that you have the HKG/NRT/HKG flight should be immaterial. You are flying MEL/HKG...HKG/LHR - that satisfies the terms of the promotion. They don't have to be through flights, just two flights taken on QF and/or BA
    3. Hopefully you're then flying on either BA, AY (Finnair), EI (Aer Lingus) or IB (Iberia) to ATH. Certainly, ATH is in Greece and from all my research, Greece is in Europe
    4. You met the dates criteria as your flights are between 1 August and 31 October.

Enjoy the extra 5,000 points...which should be credited to your account by 30 November 2005