Express path at MEL | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Express path at MEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith009

AFF Supporter
Just noticed 'Express path' today for outbound immigration and security. Flying SQ in Y as a *G rendered me eligible to use this service. :)

You'll get an 'Express path' card from the check in agent if eligible.

Is this service new? And does it exist for arrivals as well?

serfty

Flights
My Map
It's been around for a month or two - SYD, MEL & BNE.

Plenty of mention in relation to the new MEL & SYD Flounges/checkin/etc.

Shano

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Must remember this for my next trip - not so concerned about immigration due to APEC card, but would be good for security.

marmitik

Ditto, my APEC card allows me to spearhead the immigration queue. However, it does become cumbersome if I'm travelling in a group. Usually I'll leave them behind and organise to meet at the lounge. However, with the express lane avail, it should mean faster processing for my travelling companions. Is this applicable only to status star alliance or can one world members also take advantage of the express lane?

Keith009

AFF Supporter
I always thought it's a Flounge thing - didn't think it applied to pax down the back with shiny elite cards. Then again I didn't get express path last month as a sapphire on BA WT+ out of SYD. :(

Now that I know better I'd be sure to ask for the card at check in. Different airlines may have different policies, but it doesn't hurt asking I guess. ;)

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Based on my recent experiences Oneworld Emeralds are eligible for express path voucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaphjam