Expiry date for free trial? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Expiry date for free trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiki

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
479
Does anyone know if there is an expiry date once you sign up as a guest for a free trial? I don't need it until June 1,2007 when I chase award tickets on NZ to the islands (United MP).
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,118
Flights
My Map
Tiki said:
Does anyone know if there is an expiry date once you sign up as a guest for a free trial? I don't need it until June 1,2007 when I chase award tickets on NZ to the islands (United MP).
I'm not sure; if the free trial is anything like you can get throught v-flyer, it's 20 queries; no time limit that I could tell. (btw, I used the v-flyer 10% discount on an annual premium subsription.)
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
I'm not sure; if the free trial is anything like you can get throught v-flyer, it's 20 queries; no time limit that I could tell. (btw, I used the v-flyer 10% discount on an annual premium subsription.)
Note you can get 15% off an annual subscription now through AFF Gold subscription. That saving, plus the savings on an annual travel insurance policy more than cover the cost of ad-free forum browsing.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
NM said:
Note you can get 15% off an annual subscription now through AFF Gold subscription.
I believe it's only the first year.

But still, Gold subscripton definately has it's advantages.
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,118
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
NM said:
Note you can get 15% off an annual subscription now through AFF Gold subscription. That saving, plus the savings on an annual travel insurance policy more than cover the cost of ad-free forum browsing.
I believe it's only the first year. ...
As with, v-flyer, the AFF subscription is only for the first year.

The $200 annual travel insurance does not refund QFF points/value and that's one of the issues it has for me.

More to the point, my Travel insurance still has 9 months before renewal and my annual premium expert flyer 49 weeks!
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
NM said:
Note you can get 15% off an annual subscription now through AFF Gold subscription. That saving, plus the savings on an annual travel insurance policy more than cover the cost of ad-free forum browsing.
Only if you cant get the insurance cheaper elsewhere ;)

The EF free trial is indeed 20 queries.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
serfty said:
my annual premium expert flyer 49 weeks!
My EF annual subscription has almost 11 months remaining though was able to apply the EF discount code to my renewal information , so my renewal rate for next june has dropped to $85

Dave
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,118
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
My EF annual subscription has almost 11 months remaining though was able to apply the EF discount code to my renewal information , so my renewal rate for next june has dropped to $85 ... Dave
Somthing to consider next July ... :)
 

Tiki

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
479
Thanks folks! So what counts as a query? Say I put BNE-PPT 2 July, no availbility so I try 3 July, is that the 2nd query? Or is it the next time I log on? Or when I change the city pair?
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Tiki said:
Thanks folks! So what counts as a query? Say I put BNE-PPT 2 July, no availbility so I try 3 July, is that the 2nd query? Or is it the next time I log on? Or when I change the city pair?
Each query counts as a query, whether or not you get results you want

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
ExpertFlyer does allow you to search up to +/- 3 days from the date you enter, effectively returning flight information for an entire week. I assume this still seen as a single query .
 

serfty

Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,118
Flights
My Map
NM said:
ExpertFlyer does allow you to search up to +/- 3 days from the date you enter, effectively returning flight information for an entire week. I assume this still seen as a single query .
E/F only allows this search function for premium subscibers. That on on its own is not a big deal in reality; moreso the ability to save and reexecute most queries is for me the biggest benefit of preimum over standard.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,453
NM said:
ExpertFlyer does allow you to search up to +/- 3 days from the date you enter, effectively returning flight information for an entire week. I assume this still seen as a single query .
Function is not on the trial version.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
E/F only allows this search function for premium subscibers. That on on its own is not a big deal in reality; moreso the ability to save and reexecute most queries is for me the biggest benefit of preimum over standard.
Ahh, then all the more reason to go for the Gold AFF membership and get a 15% discount on the EF subscription :!:. I use the +/- 3 day search option very regularly. Its especially good for finding flights that do not operate daily and you are not just which days of the week they do operate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,805
Messages
1,859,171
Members
48,636
Latest member
soosan
Top