Everyday rewards credit card worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataline

Intern
I've read alot of posts in this forum stating that the Everyday rewards Qantas credit card is great because of it's ability to earn Qantas points.

However, is the EDR credit card (not Qantas affiliated) as good? I'm trying to decide which card to go for currently - the Qantas card (with 16000 bonus sign on points) or the non-Qantas card (9 months interest free on purchases).

I don't fly Qantas alot (getting Velocity gold status in a month or so). Are the points that are earned on the non-Qantas card transferrable to Velocity?

well think it through. are you going to get a credit limit high enough that the interest you'll make on that amount in your savings account over 9 months + whatever vouchers you'll get for that spend worth more than 16000+thatlimit QFF points?

I am alwasy getting offers to transfer my card balances to a new card with "zero interest for 6 months" or somesuch. Now I never, ever pay interest on my cards on purpose (have accidentally forgotten to pay on time and been slugged) so there's no benefit in any interest rate difference. The rates charged on cards amount to usury so I never play that game.

I would say that 16 000 points is a better lure. That's worth $200 odd in the form of an Award flight SYD-MEL rtn or whatever.

There are also heaps of bonus points offers for Woolies shopping - we seem to get two every week so the points can add up. We spend enough with Woolies alone for points to pay for a return airfare per year.

Thanks for your input. Mistakenly applied for both and got approved for both, so it's ended up being a moot point!

Thanks again.

As always with many of these things it comes down to the individual's situation and they are the only real ones who can determine which is bestt, perhaps with a bit of guidance on how to calculate it such as that provided above...

If you were about to go buy a car or some other big purchase and instead of getting a 12-14% personal loan etc you could get this card, purchase it (or at least part of it depending on your limit) then in 9 months flip it to another 0% balance transfer card then more than likely the non-Qantas card would be the option to take...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back