Esta...do you need to notify 72hrs out? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Esta...do you need to notify 72hrs out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

AFF Supporter
Hi, have Esta since last trip December...do I need to notify them before flying out to states?

Atleastonce

AFF Supporter
I have used a current esta on numerous occasions without updating from original application.

PLANT

AFF Supporter
Well I went in and changed the address to first location of trip as "?" says so...Said update successful but just stayed on the Update page?
Do I have to give address in checkin again?
Hopefully smooth process as flying out tomorrow!

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Ok, as people are not bothering to update, I won't any more either. I found it only took a few seconds, so not sure what trouble PLANT is having, but it doesn't sound like it is going to be a problem.

kpc

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Just checked in for my flight to Lax, and I did not bother to update my ESTA :)

rioter

Ok, as people are not bothering to update, I won't any more either. I found it only took a few seconds, so not sure what trouble PLANT is having, but it doesn't sound like it is going to be a problem.
One piece of advice. Make sure the address you give the check in agent matches what you tell immigration. That was not a fun experience.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
One piece of advice. Make sure the address you give the check in agent matches what you tell immigration. That was not a fun experience.
Speed up check-in by putting your hotel etc info into your booking on-line (I think its called APIS, at least on the QF site).

I never update my ESTA information and haven't been asked by immigration any addresses.

Himeno

AFF Supporter
You just need an ESTA to travel to the US under the VWP. The details on the site do not need to be updated. The update-able sections of the ESTA form are pulled by CBP from the APIS data the airline sends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harveyd