Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Emirates to axe chauffeur drive on award tickets

rock86

Established Member
Thanks @DavidFlynn for bringing this to light at ausbt Emirates to axe chauffeur service on award tickets and some upgrades

Emirates is withdrawing its chauffeur drive service on business class and first class tickets booked using Skywards frequent flyer miles.

From 1 March 2019, the popular chauffeured ride to and from the airport will no longer be available for 'classic rewards' flights made with Skywards Miles.

Miles-based upgrades from economy to business class will also lose the chauffeur drive option.

The airline has confirmed these changes in updates to the Terms & Conditions page for its chauffeur-drive service.

Emirates' local partner Qantas, which introduced a similar chauffeur-drive service for business and first class flyers as part of the two airlines' alliance launched in April 2013, has been approached by Australian Business Traveller to advise if it will adopt a similar measure for bookings and upgrades made using Qantas points.

So if you have an award booking (like me), make sure you confirm the chauffeur drive before 1 March 2019!

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
So going by that it’s only awards booked via EK that are affected?
Wonder how long before QF join the party.

Pushka

Enthusiast
Solutions
Thankyou for the info. I hope I can squeeze a booking in. Grrr. Just realised we will be changing address before we travel. I think that might mean we miss out.

Last edited:

rock86

Established Member

They all book in the same fare class don't they, so I'd think a QF award booking on EK would be in the same boat...??..

kermatu

Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Does QF even offer CD anymore other than flights to/from London?

Not surprised EK is ditching this. CD (outside Dubai) must cost a bit.

SOPOOR

Established Member
devastating...... was looking fwd to doing the whole chauffer experience :(

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
I have QF Award J flights on EK PER-DXB/DXB-SCL in late March and I had already booked CD.

So I shall not be surprised if I'm informed that they are cancelled. No biggie for me as I live fairly close to PER and the CDs I had booked in DXB and SCL were trivial distances (in fact, ridiculously trivial).

rock86

Established Member
I have QF Award J flights on EK PER-DXB/DXB-SCL in late March and I had already booked CD.

So I shall not be surprised if I'm informed that they are cancelled. No biggie for me as I live fairly close to PER and the CDs I had booked in DXB and SCL were trivial distances (in fact, ridiculously trivial).

I have them too, but not worried as they're already confirmed and the updated T&C mentions 'new bookings' made after 1 March.

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Fast fwd 5 yrs ans there will be no difference in first and economy class at the rate their cutting things

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

kermatu

Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
How it was ever instigated and maintained as long as it is / was has me staggered.
I think if someone buys a first class ticket outright it’s very affordable for a major airline. Award and business pax, never seemed quite right to me — but I’ve enjoyed in when I could.

OT but Qantas’ select routes is just laughable.

Isochronous

Established Member
Ridiculous - sets a terrible precedent for giving different service to F pax depending on payment method.

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
As someone that travels F via rewards and cash - I think it’s fair enough.

Mattg

Solutions
Well I have an EK F award flight booked for 3 March. Just booked the chauffeur drive at both ends without issue.

It was good while it lasted. :D

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinmathews