Question - Emirates MEL lounge access [PAX: 3 J, 2 Y, no status] | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Emirates MEL lounge access [PAX: 3 J, 2 Y, no status]

Rpkoz1

Hi all, we are flying Emirates J Mel-Dxb. 3 of us ticketed by Qantas flying on Emirates metal. We also have two other family members travelling in economy. We don't have status with Qantas or Emirates. Is there any way we can guest these two additional family members in?
Only other option for us is the Amex lounge via platinum charge card but it won't be open yet for our 0600 departure.
I recall you can purchase access for the lounge but from experience doubt it's worth the 100 or 125USD per person.

Many thanks

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all, we are flying Emirates J Mel-Dxb. 3 of us ticketed by Qantas flying on Emirates metal. We also have two other family members travelling in economy. We don't have status with Qantas or Emirates. Is there any way we can guest these two additional family members in?
Only other option for us is the Amex lounge via platinum charge card but it won't be open yet for our 0600 departure.
I recall you can purchase access for the lounge but from experience doubt it's worth the 100 or 125USD per person.

Many thanks
No idea about guesting on a QF flight number but pretty sure it’s about US$140 to purchase access which isn’t worth it IMO

NickCorr

Intern
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Had similar issue last year in transit to MEL. EK staff kindly offered to let the kids come in at a discount USD75 each. In the end, we all found a spot at the gate, then I popped up to the lounge grabbed a couple of coffees, water, muffins and some cookies. Best result in the end.
Also, because the water bottles are now smaller and plastic, less problems getting them on the plane!

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrengineer