Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

EK 380 Onboard Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox

Looks lovely.

Out of curiosity, what happens in the bar during turbulence?

Flights
My Map
Great post Limewood - I so want to try Emirates 380 - not sure how I am going to wangle it but I will work on it. FWIW I just LOVE the bar on VA MEL-LAX flts - just the fact you can get out of seat and chat to a few people - I LOVE it.

eric2011

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The seating around the sides have seat belts and the hosties can very quickly secure items depending on the severity of the turbulence and I guess the radar can have some input into this

Flying Fox

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Looks great.

Would you say that it's a feature that would sway you to select EK vs the competition?

Limewood

Established Member
It swayed us.

When turbulence hit for short periods they had us sit down on the bench seats and strap in, wasn't too bad didn't spill anything!.

Had excellent range of Champers, wines & beer, plus all those nice nibbles. Was good place to converse with others from many parts of the world.

We think its a winner.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Mark3000

Flights
My Map
Looks lovely, but how close are the seats?
I would hate to be sitting close to the bar and kept awake by half drunk people talking loudly. I've heard that this can be a problem

markis10

Veteran Member
Great post Limewood - I so want to try Emirates 380 - not sure how I am going to wangle it but I will work on it. FWIW I just LOVE the bar on VA MEL-LAX flts - just the fact you can get out of seat and chat to a few people - I LOVE it.

Enjoy it while you can, VA are pulling it out.

Limewood

Established Member
Looks lovely, but how close are the seats?
I would hate to be sitting close to the bar and kept awake by half drunk people talking loudly. I've heard that this can be a problem
Only saw one guy under the weather, was loud so the rear J seats could be a problem I guess, he left as others ignored him. We did 3 flights on 380 must admit most J were half full so no crowds at the bar. They shut the bar up pronto before any descent.

The bar seats are bench type, had room for about a dozen.

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
I did a MEL-AKL trip recently and went to the bar for a Diet Coke. I was the only person there and the crew were happy to talk to someone.

To be honest I didn't find it that special.

Flights
My Map
Enjoy it while you can, VA are pulling it out.
Timing? .................. talk about taking the fun out of flying!
Now I can accurately say I have indeed impacted VA's operational strategies - as Borat would say ........... 'hi 5'!

Last edited:

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I was annoyed when I took an EK F trip (points!) that I didn't visit the J bar. The F 'bar' is just a little shelf area with snacks and diy drinks that gets cleared away towards the end when the showers get used.

I thought 'well, the J bar won't be any better than the F bar, so I won't go exploring'.

Bad decision, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhikes