Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Efficient use of QFF points for flights to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterc

Newbie
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
3
Points
0
Sorry if this question has been asked many times before. I couldn't find any discussions about this on the bulletin board at the moment.

What is the most efficient way of using my QFF points to travel to USA and Canada around May next year (using both Qantas and One World partner airlines)? I will have at least 150000 points by then and is very flexible with my itinerary.

Thank you.
Peter
 

S

shillard

Guest
peterc said:
What is the most efficient way of using my QFF points to travel to USA and Canada around May next year (using both Qantas and One World partner airlines)? I will have at least 150000 points by then and is very flexible with my itinerary.

Thank you.
Peter

Where in the US and Canada are you planning to travel?
 

peterc

Newbie
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
3
Points
0
Some of the cities in mind are the 3 that Qantas fly to: LA, New York, Chicago and also Las Vegas, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Vancouver and Winnipeg. I think QFF only allows 5 stopovers and so will have to pay for one way fare for some of the sectors. I plan to travel for about 2 months and has a very flexible itinerary.

Thanks for any advice.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,789
Points
840
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Peter,
Are you happy in cattle class or would you prefer upgrades?

I only ask this as one of the most cost effective ways of using points is to buy an economy ticket then use the points for upgrades.
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
S

shillard

Guest
peterc said:
Some of the cities in mind are the 3 that Qantas fly to: LA, New York, Chicago and also Las Vegas, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Vancouver and Winnipeg. I think QFF only allows 5 stopovers and so will have to pay for one way fare for some of the sectors. I plan to travel for about 2 months and has a very flexible itinerary.

Thanks for any advice.

My advice would be to either fork out for a Y ticket and use your points for upgrades on all QF-operated sectors (best value for money), or earn more points in the time to come and book yourself a J OneWorld Explorer ticket, for around 220,000 points.
 

peterc

Newbie
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
3
Points
0
straitman said:
Peter,
Are you happy in cattle class or would you prefer upgrades?

I only ask this as one of the most cost effective ways of using points is to buy an economy ticket then use the points for upgrades.


I am happy in cattle class. I hope to visit as many places as I can.
Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,600
Messages
2,099,732
Members
53,907
Latest member
nhandinhbongda
Top