Earning Points on Balance Transfers | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Earning Points on Balance Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

Hey,

Is anyone aware of any Credit Card's that will still allow you to earn reward points on balance transfers??

I know most have stopped this (e.g. CBA), but was just wondering if any cards still had this beautiful feature!! :D

PZ

johnsmith

PaulZ said:
Hey,

Is anyone aware of any Credit Card's that will still allow you to earn reward points on balance transfers??

I know most have stopped this (e.g. CBA), but was just wondering if any cards still had this beautiful feature!! :D

PZ
I have just done a balance transfer with Citibank and they say you still earn reward points, however I have read on this site that they have ended this feature so not sure, I used to earn them with my AMP AMEX but they don't do it any more. If there were any cards offering this feature then i would know about it.

ksthommo

I'm still getting points with Citibank Balance Transfers. Haven't heard
from them that this is going to cease.

johnsmith

ksthommo said:

Citibank would need to make a change to their terms and conditions and inform all customers before cancelling the rewards points earned on balance transfers. Thats my understanding anyway.

johnsmith

ksthommo said:
How long does it usually take for the balance transfer points to appear in your rewards account.

PaulZ

Which CitiBank Cards can Earn Points??

ksthommo said:
Ksthommo, which Citibank card do you have, which allows you to earn points on balance transfers? Is it available on their Silver, Gold, Platinum??

And is there a maximum number of points one can earn on their citibank credit card account?

PZ

johnsmith

Re: Which CitiBank Cards can Earn Points??

PaulZ said:
ksthommo said:
Ksthommo, which Citibank card do you have, which allows you to earn points on balance transfers? Is it available on their Silver, Gold, Platinum??

And is there a maximum number of points one can earn on their citibank credit card account?

PZ
silver, gold and platinum all have rewards on balance transfers, the maximum per year for silver is 40,000. for gold and platinum i am not sure but i would guess about 60,000 to 100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronborland