Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Earning Points on Balance Transfers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by PaulZ, Mar 6, 2005.

1. PaulZ

PaulZ Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hey,

Is anyone aware of any Credit Card's that will still allow you to earn reward points on balance transfers??

I know most have stopped this (e.g. CBA), but was just wondering if any cards still had this beautiful feature!! :D
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

PZ

2. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I have just done a balance transfer with Citibank and they say you still earn reward points, however I have read on this site that they have ended this feature so not sure, I used to earn them with my AMP AMEX but they don't do it any more. If there were any cards offering this feature then i would know about it.

3. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    I'm still getting points with Citibank Balance Transfers. Haven't heard
    from them that this is going to cease.

4. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004

Citibank would need to make a change to their terms and conditions and inform all customers before cancelling the rewards points earned on balance transfers. Thats my understanding anyway.

5. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004
    How long does it usually take for the balance transfer points to appear in your rewards account.

6. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    Usually get them around the 4 to 6 week mark

7. PaulZ

PaulZ Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Which CitiBank Cards can Earn Points??

Ksthommo, which Citibank card do you have, which allows you to earn points on balance transfers? Is it available on their Silver, Gold, Platinum??

And is there a maximum number of points one can earn on their citibank credit card account?

PZ

8. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Re: Which CitiBank Cards can Earn Points??

silver, gold and platinum all have rewards on balance transfers, the maximum per year for silver is 40,000. for gold and platinum i am not sure but i would guess about 60,000 to 100,000