Earn Hyatt points on award stays?

aus_flyer

Established Member
I've been a Diamond/Globalist for many years so I'm embarrassed not to know the answer to this question!...

If I'm staying at a Hyatt using points (or a free night certificate), obviously I don't earn points for the stay itself... but what about for other spend? Restaurants, bar, etc?

Easy to install and operate, this 10 in 1 lens kit can be used on your Smartphone.

The kit includes a 198 degree fisheye lens, 0.63x wide angle lens, 15x Macro lens, a super wide angle lens, 0.36X , 2x telephoto lens , Kaleidoscope Lens plus a circular polariser lens, star filter lens, flow filter lens.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
You should earn points - as always make sure you get an itemised receipt on departure emailed - its almost instantaneous.

Danger

Solutions
Most Hyatts won't award points on alcohol expenditure but everything else that can be charged to your room and is spent at a hotel-owned outlet (e.g. not an outsourced spa or parking facility) should be fine.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Most Hyatts won't award points on alcohol expenditure
I must say I do not purchase much alcohol at Hotels but have to say I cannot recall not earning points when doing so at Hyatt.

Danger

Solutions

GSP

Established Member
Solutions
I've always been credited points for Alcohol, but as mentioned, it can be variable.

twiningb

Solutions
I have actually earned Hyatt points for dining and drinking, while not a guest, both in Australia and Japan. Hyatt are the best at this of any major hotel chain in my experience. I had the dining points from the Park Hyatt Tokyo within an hour of lunch.

So if you're charging to your room and settle on checkout, I would definitely expect points.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterwilliams83

Staff online