Downgrading FF

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by leny, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    Am i correct that Qantas send you a new card when you go up, for example from Silver to Gold?
    What about when you downgrade, say from Gold to Silver or Gold to Bronze..What happens with your card(s)?

leny:confused:

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    you get a new one reflecting your new status

3. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    Thanks for your response :)

So even if you downgrade and upgrade several times, you will keep getting new cards?

leny

4. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I believe that once you get to at least PS you will be issued with a new card each year.

In my GW days flying Ansett domestically and mostly SQ internationally I held the same QFF bronze card for about 6 years :(

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Cards have an expiry date, which coincides with your membership anniversary. Downgrading only happens at the beginning of a new membership year. So the old (higher status) card will have expired at the end of the membership year and the new (lower status) card will then be valid for the next year.

If you achieve a new higher status level during the year, a new card and associated membership pack will be sent in the mail and the new card will show its expiry date as the end of the next membership year.

Yes, you get to keep the old cards with expired dates.

6. leny

leny Member

Dec 31, 2006
    WLG/BNE
    :mrgreen: Ok very good, thanks foryour help!