downgrade experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky777

Intern
Hi Guys,
I was trying to churn some referral points and referred my partner for qantas amex card, unfortuantely she has applied for the wrong card. She applied qantas ultimate instead qantas discovery. I wonder if she could request to have card downgraded to qantas discovery card, is there any limitation how long you have to had you card for before request downgrade? E.g., she only got ultimate qantas for one month or so..

Thanks so much.

I though that you still received received some referral points regardless of the card applied for? I assume that the referral points for the card she applied for are less than the one intended. Your situation is likely to be unique so calling AmEx to explain might be the best option.

You have to speak to them about downgrade anyway so may as well tcall to confirm details.

That said, I'm not clear what you're trying to achieve. You say you wanted referral points and she got the wrong card. If you downgrade it won't be a referral on the new card. If you want to get the referral on the right card, she'd need to apply again - the problem is that you'd have to sit out the 18 month period all over again since she's now an existing member.

You should have have received your referral points by now. You receive Referral points for the approval. Does not matter what card they go for.

Amex will be able to "downgrade" your partner. You will have to get her to call. Whether they require her to do another app or not would be something they can clarify. Amex won't revoke your referral points though.

It would affect your partners Referral "bonus" however for her card. E.g for the Q Ultimate it's 65k instead of 55k. She would forfeit those if she has not made the spend requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back