Down the KRUGLER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Platy

Guest
OK, I know that in previous posts I've questioned the onslaught of promos in the various QPs, however, even my opinions can be swayed in the face of the chance to taste some KRUG!

Thus enticed by the recent promotion of KRUG being available at the SYD INT First lounge I routed my SYD-CNS this morning on the domestic sector of QF167.

Yep, there were a couple of KRUG display cases and a shiny ice bucket. BUT no open KRUG.

Asked the staff at the desk and they said the taster promo folk are only there from about 2-5pm.

Trying to hide my disappointment I departed the temporary first lounge for the far more agreeable surrounds of the Business Class lounge.

So fellow travellers, beware, your expectations may go down the KRUGLER!!!

Has anyone else been through the lounge and actually managed to get their taster?!

In addition, I was very surpirsed how many people were in the First lounge - far more than ever seemed to be in the former upstairs lounge - what's going on?

I'll be using the business class lounge for the 12 months or however long it takes for them to fix the first lounge...
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
Platy said:
Asked the staff at the desk and they said the taster promo folk are only there from about 2-5pm..

Wish they had promos like that when I worked in the tower on the international terminal, I could have whipped down for a taste during my break!
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,826
Solutions
13
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I have experience the tasting; 'tis not what one would have thought. I was there last Thursday, then Wednesday. I did manage 4 tastes on the Thursday but did not bother on the Wednesday.

There's a thread on Flyer Talk: Not enough KRUG in First
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
Points
0
markis10 said:
Wish they had promos like that when I worked in the tower on the international terminal, I could have whipped down for a taste during my break!

I don't think that's something your average passenger wants to hear. :D
 

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
Damien said:
markis10 said:
Wish they had promos like that when I worked in the tower on the international terminal, I could have whipped down for a taste during my break!

I don't think that's something your average passenger wants to hear. :D

Would have got me sacked anyway, but there where a few times where a drink might have come in handy, Krug or anything, back then there was only two runways and Friday nights were fun.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,386
Points
1,065
Well I have visited the F lounge tonight in SYD.

No Krug up for grabs, unless you smash the display case :shock:

Is that false advertising Qantas?????

The lounge is nice. Being up close and personal to the runway is great.

The food is also improved (IMHO) from the old F lounge.

Only a few people around.

Looks like I'll have to have my thimble of Krug some other time!
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,494
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
bfmi said:
Take a ride in SQ First and enjoy Krug all flight!!
Or if you prefer to stick with OneWorld, then sit up front with Cathay Pacific for the same experience, plus the caviar and Balik salmon.
 

bfmi

Intern
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
55
Points
0
I'd rather share my travel around than commit it all in one place. Got to try and keep em honest by demonstrating my choice to choose.

I did set out to be "almost top" tier on QF and UA. But travel patterns changed and scored top on these so put a little effort into SQ and made it to the top with a little F and J travel.

Each program has qualifying year offset by a few months so not too difficult to do.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
17,888
Points
855
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
markis10 said:
Damien said:
markis10 said:
Wish they had promos like that when I worked in the tower on the international terminal, I could have whipped down for a taste during my break!

I don't think that's something your average passenger wants to hear. :D

Would have got me sacked anyway, but there where a few times where a drink might have come in handy, Krug or anything, back then there was only two runways and Friday nights were fun.

I suspect that I've had a few controllers over the years that have though :!: (just kidding) .........although they lost me over the top of Tullamarine one day :!: :oops: :roll: 8) :wink:
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Top