Double points are back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_moody_angel

Hey guys ... although I'm a newby I'm 100% sure that "double the rewards" are back for supermarkets and petrol stations.. it should start at the end of this year until march - april next year... so get your cards ready!!

the moody angel

Are you saying this will be for January through March/April 2006? That is still a little way off yet.

I wonder if that will include the purchase of Coles Gift Cards through organisations like API? I often buy a few $200 Coles Gift Cards for $190 each using my Amex, thus getting the 5% saving on groceries as well as the 1.5 points per $ spent.

Hi little_moody_angel,

I’m currently using the Amex Rewards Maximiser to pay for groceries and fuel. This card earns 1.5 reward points on every dollar spent.In double reward points promotions does this mean I will earn 3 (2 x1.5) rewards points per dollar spent or is there a catch, and does the promotion you refer to apply to all Amex credit cards?

Regards
Sheriff

Coles gift cards - 5% off

NM said:
Are you saying this will be for January through March/April 2006? That is still a little way off yet.

I wonder if that will include the purchase of Coles Gift Cards through organisations like API? I often buy a few $200 Coles Gift Cards for $190 each using my Amex, thus getting the 5% saving on groceries as well as the 1.5 points per $ spent.

HI NM, who is API? i have never heard of getting coles gift cards at 5% off!

Re: Coles gift cards - 5% off

pbsavage said:
http://www.api.com.au/

My employer pays for membership for all our staff. Has some other benefits like 10% off at Cold Rock :D . Also access to Auswide Motor Search, which saved me heaps off a new car recently (like over $3000).

Can also get discount movie tickets, theme park tickets (taking the tribe to Movie World soon) as well as 5% off vouchers for Coles, Wollies, Bunnings etc. And just order over the web with Amex card, delivered via express post he next day or registered post if you choose.

Re: Coles gift cards - 5% off

pbsavage said:

I have also heard of a card called the 'Ambassador Card' that also offers 5% off Coles vouchers. Don't have one myself, but have been told that it is a real offer.

little_moody_angel said:
Hey guys ... although I'm a newby I'm 100% sure that "double the rewards" are back for supermarkets and petrol stations.. it should start at the end of this year until march - april next year... so get your cards ready!!

Forgive me, but do you have any evidence to back up your claim? The only evidence you offer is that you are "100% sure".

I suspect this is all just supposition.

beardoc said:
little_moody_angel said:

Forgive me, but do you have any evidence to back up your claim? The only evidence you offer is that you are "100% sure".

I suspect this is all just supposition.
I have an amex card and as far as i know this offer has been offered in the past but at the moment it is 1:1. I have not had any information on it.

Found this on the Qantas site, but this offer only relates to accomodation, not flights. There may be other offers for flights I have not found.

Double points with InterContinental Hotels Group

Earn double points* with each qualifying stay, starting with your second stay, at more than 3,500 InterContinental Hotels Group, resorts and hotels worldwide.

Includes the following hotel properties:

InterContinental
Crowne Plaza
Hotel Indigo
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Staybridge Suites
Candlewood Suites
Valid for stays 12 September to 16 December 2005.

Booking and Enquiries
Phone: Australia 1300 728 446

Web: InterContinental Hotels and Resorts

Reference: Quote 'PCFL05'

* Double points will not be earned on your first stay. Points will be awarded at the end of the promotional period. Please allow up to 6 weeks for points to be deposited into your account. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded double points.
A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay is eligible when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Please ask for details when booking. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer subject to availability and standard conditions of the supplier. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Bookings must be made and stays commenced and completed in the validity periods stated. Only Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn points in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee applies. Qantas Frequent Flyer points may be earned on a maximum of three rooms per night and seven nights per stay. To be sure of earning your Qantas Frequent Flyer points, always remember to quote your membership number when making a booking and at check-in.
Destination and Passenger Enquiries: You should enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. Qantas makes no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the website of the Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Maca44 said:
Found this on the Qantas site, but this offer only relates to accommodation, not flights. There may be other offers for flights I have not found.
Umm, I believe that is referring to Qantas FF points earned from the accommodation etc. This thread is about Amex Membership Rewards points earned by using an Amex card for purchases at participating supermarkets, service stations etc.

They have run similar promotions previously, as an incentive for people to use their Amex cards for everyday purchases (like who would not do that when you get 1.5:1 anyway :roll: :roll: ). The OP has implied inside knowledge that this promotion is to be run again.

Whatever happened to that promotion where you could pay $xx and Amex would give you double points for 6 months or something. I remember that being a tidy little earner for me.

The supermarket and petrol station one pops up from time to time as well. I'll have to keep an eagle eye out on my statements :)

Believe whatever u want!!

Hey guys sorry if the reply is a bit late... but I have been told by my manager that the promotion is returning and other colleagues have been told the same thing. If you want to believe that's great if u don't that aint my prob.. only tryin to give u some goss.

And Sheriff... when the promotion returns u will earn 3 points for every dollar spent at any of the participating petrol stations and grocery shops.

Hope that helps guys!!

Re: Believe whatever u want!!

little_moody_angel said:
Hey guys sorry if the reply is a bit late... but I have been told by my manager that the promotion is returning and other colleagues have been told the same thing. If you want to believe that's great if u don't that aint my prob.. only tryin to give u some goss.

Hope that helps guys!!
Thanks little_moody_angel, I certainly hope you are right.

I have some really juicy bills December/January and would love the double points. :D

Any sign of this promotion? Would be good if it actually does become available!!

No, no sign of the promotion again in the future - at least no evidence to suggest it is coming back. All of the above suggesting that it might is pure speculation.

beardoc said:
No, no sign of the promotion again in the future - at least no evidence to suggest it is coming back. All of the above suggesting that it might is pure speculation.

But we can hope.

Hopefully our hope is not in vain

beardoc said:
I agree.

I have not seen anything in the correspondence received from amex or on their website.

JohnK said:
beardoc said:
I agree.

I have not seen anything in the correspondence received from amex or on their website.

I was hoping that someone had seen something somewhere about it.

oz_mark said:
I was hoping that someone had seen something somewhere about it.
There is always hope.

Would love the double points but it isn't there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back