Domestic travel insurance - Car Insurance Excess

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by Jleno, Jan 29, 2012.

  1. Jleno

    Jleno Member

    Nov 27, 2011
    Just wondered if anyone has as part of their credit card benefits, free insurance that covers car rental excess? I know it applies for international travel (as part of travel insurance) but what about if you wanted to rent a car in your home state or even another Australian state?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE
  2. kpc

    kpc Senior Member

    Mar 11, 2003
    AMEX plat charge card does if you pay with the card
  3. obrienja

    obrienja Member

    Feb 22, 2008
    I think in the fine print of the Amex Plat Charge it says > 250km from your permanent or temporary address - so that could be something to bear in mind (and check).
  4. kpc

    kpc Senior Member

    Mar 11, 2003
    Didn't realise the 250km clause til you pointed it out:
    As 99% of my car rental is interstate or overseas, I should be OK.
  5. AdMEL

    AdMEL Established Member

    Feb 14, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have two cards which cover car rental excess in Australia, with no minimum distance from home (I don't own a car, so often rent - in fact, I currently have a car and am relying on my card cover) - Westpac Platinum and ANZ with car rental excess cover. For full details on these, please have a look at my previous posts in the car rental threads (you may wish to use the search function), rather than me repeating it yet again.

Share This Page