Domestic travel insurance - Car Insurance Excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jleno

Just wondered if anyone has as part of their credit card benefits, free insurance that covers car rental excess? I know it applies for international travel (as part of travel insurance) but what about if you wanted to rent a car in your home state or even another Australian state?

Just wondered if anyone has as part of their credit card benefits, free insurance that covers car rental excess? I know it applies for international travel (as part of travel insurance) but what about if you wanted to rent a car in your home state or even another Australian state?
AMEX plat charge card does if you pay with the card

I think in the fine print of the Amex Plat Charge it says > 250km from your permanent or temporary address - so that could be something to bear in mind (and check).

I think in the fine print of the Amex Plat Charge it says > 250km from your permanent or temporary address - so that could be something to bear in mind (and check).
Didn't realise the 250km clause til you pointed it out:
Geographical Scope means worldwide including country of domicile provided the
rental takes place further than two hundred and fifty (250) kilometres from the
permanent or temporary place of residence You are currently residing in.
As 99% of my car rental is interstate or overseas, I should be OK.

I have two cards which cover car rental excess in Australia, with no minimum distance from home (I don't own a car, so often rent - in fact, I currently have a car and am relying on my card cover) - Westpac Platinum and ANZ with car rental excess cover. For full details on these, please have a look at my previous posts in the car rental threads (you may wish to use the search function), rather than me repeating it yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back