Question - Does SIN lounge stay open for delayed Qantas Flights? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Does SIN lounge stay open for delayed Qantas Flights?

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
I’m flying Syd-lhr 17/10, following with interest delayed qf1 transit n Singapore. Does the qf lounge stay open if flight leaves later than originally planned?

Himeno

Established Member
Whenever I've been delayed at SIN on a QF flight, the lounge has remained open until the flight is called.
They seem to start cutting back on service after the lounge was 'meant' to close though (so less food, drinks still available).

liamg

Flights
My Map
I was on QF1 in December which was delayed by 9+ hours: when we arrived in Singapore sent us on buses to a hotel in town so we could sleep for a few hours. When we came back first thing in the morning the lounge was open and serving breakfast. I was surprised and thankful.

RichardMEL

Established Member
Yes with that QF36 "enhanced experience" the lounge staff were amazing. They came out with drinks, hot snacks and were generally so pleasant and accomidating It was a very late night for them as we didn't depart the lounge till around 0120-0130ish to board. They did a good year.

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
Thank you all, feeling relieved. Lounge access certainly is worth it in these circumstances.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whymse