Question - Does SIN lounge stay open for delayed Qantas Flights? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Does SIN lounge stay open for delayed Qantas Flights?

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
I’m flying Syd-lhr 17/10, following with interest delayed qf1 transit n Singapore. Does the qf lounge stay open if flight leaves later than originally planned?

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
I’m flying Syd-lhr 17/10, following with interest delayed qf1 transit n Singapore. Does the qf lounge stay open if flight leaves later than originally planned?

It did for us when QF36 departed 6+ hours late in June.

Himeno

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Whenever I've been delayed at SIN on a QF flight, the lounge has remained open until the flight is called.
They seem to start cutting back on service after the lounge was 'meant' to close though (so less food, drinks still available).

liamg

Flights
My Map
I was on QF1 in December which was delayed by 9+ hours: when we arrived in Singapore sent us on buses to a hotel in town so we could sleep for a few hours. When we came back first thing in the morning the lounge was open and serving breakfast. I was surprised and thankful.

RichardMEL

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Yes with that QF36 "enhanced experience" the lounge staff were amazing. They came out with drinks, hot snacks and were generally so pleasant and accomidating It was a very late night for them as we didn't depart the lounge till around 0120-0130ish to board. They did a good year.

parsonstrish

Qantas
Platinum
Thank you all, feeling relieved. Lounge access certainly is worth it in these circumstances.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stego