Does anyone know of bonus signup offers for Diners Club Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalereardon

Hi,

Wondering if there are any referral offers or special signup bonus or discount on fees offers going about for Diners Club?

Thanks,
Dale.

Not that I am aware of. I saw some banner advertising a few months ago for the Diners business card combo but nothing for the personal. If there was, I'd be happy to refer you :)

Hi,

Wondering if there are any referral offers or special signup bonus or discount on fees offers going about for Diners Club?

Thanks,
Dale.

I am an existing Diners/MC combo client and they contacted me earlier this month and said they would cut my annual fee to $220 if I added a supplementary card holder to my account which was an extra $50 per additional card holder. So $270 instead of $385. Which I took up, but I believe they do a Veda hit on supplementary card holders.

Not sure if this is only available to existing cardholders or if they are running a promo.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Does the MasterCard have PayPass facility on it? Can you choose your own PIN?

I'm wanting to get completely away from Qantas and the ability to earn SPG and then onto decent airlines is a great feature.

Dale.

No paypass unfortunately. Pretty sure you can set up a pin, but i haven't done it yet.

Thanks for that.

Does the MasterCard have PayPass facility on it? Can you choose your own PIN?

I'm wanting to get completely away from Qantas and the ability to earn SPG and then onto decent airlines is a great feature.

Dale.

It doesn't have PayPass yet but I think they will be issuing them with that soon. You can choose your PIN online.

If you're looking for the ability to earn SPG then it's one of the best bets, 0.625 per $ on the MC and 1.5 per $ on the DC.

Be aware that they are VERY reluctant to hand over points. The points are supposed to post a month later but it seems to be a manual process as the posting day can vary and only perhaps 50% of the time do the points posted equate with the previous months spend. You need to be right on the ball with full payment before the due date or no points that month for you.

Even after paying them in full and on time each month I have had at least 4 months in the past 18 where no points have posted at all. The people in the Indian call centre can't seem to comprehend this issue and fob you off so I wrote a letter & some weeks later received points for one of the missed months. Currently they haven't given me any points for three months and I am down almost 100,000 (you need to maintain a running total each month to keep track). I will try calling again this week and if that fails will lodge a complaint with the ACCC as this appears to be fraud. In addition to the annual card fee I often have to pay credit card fees so I am buying the points but Diners are not supplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back