Does anyone have a QC Invite to swap?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by N860CR, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Hi all, I've got a Qantas Club Invitation that expires in August 2007. Problem is my next QF flight isn't until November. Does anyone happen to have a pass that expires in November or later and wouldn't mind swapping with me? Would be very much appriciated!

Thanks

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Hmmm....

Sorry Daniel. I have 2 that expire March 2008 but not sure that an August 2007 expiry would be beneficial to me as I already have lounge access!

3. acampbel

acampbel Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Daniel,

I tried floating the idea of a CI "bank" where people could deposit their new passes and then withdraw the oldest one as required. ( Sorry - don't know how to link threads ).

I guess the lack of response to this was partly due to people often having these passes in their wallet but rarely knowing exactly when they will be needed. I have 1 expiring in October and 2 in December and the odds are that they will all go in the bin, so if you try again at the last minute you may have more luck (assuming no-one pipes up now).

Cheers,

Andrew

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Also if you post when your flight is, someone may be able to help guest you in.

5. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
  6. smithym

smithym Intern

Jun 3, 2006
    OOL
    I have never been denied entry to the QP when using an out of date invitation, and some have been out of date for greater than 12 months. I dont think you will have any problems using them however, there is always that nazi lounge dragon out there.

7. N860CR

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Yeah I was half expecting that, only problem is on the off chance I get said Nazi I'll be stuck in the intl terminal with one pass for me (expires march 08) and one very unhappy fiance!

So yeah if anyones feeling generous it would be much appriciated. Especially if they'll otherwise go to waste. Thanks!

8. acampbel

acampbel Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Thanks Lindsay. I knew how to do this on another forum but couldn't work it out here ..... is there a guide that you can point me towards?

Cheers,

Andrew

9. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Same procedure on the three FF BB's that I frequent (AFF, FT and FF).

Let me see if I can find the relevant page explaining how to link threads/posts and I'll post.

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I just do it manually.

Type [ url=url_goes_here ] description here [ /url ] without the extra spaces before and after "[" and "]".

11. msjacq

msjacq Newbie

May 11, 2007
    Perth
    1st post ever....I have a few that expire late 08 and a mother travelling in June/ July this year, so I could probably do a swap.

Now a question from me. Can said mother use qantas invites if travelling on a BA flight (she is a bronze QFF)?

ta.

12. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Welcome to AFF. I have 2 complimentary Invitations in front of me and I am having difficulty reading the fine print but on the back of the invitation it does say amongst other things

I don't think you can use the invitation with a BA flight that day. Not sure if this covers codeshares on Oneworld carriers.

13. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Old invites you could use on OW flights not just QF, the new ones it must be a QF flight.
    E

14. N860CR

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Check your PM, msjacq. And to confirm, the invite I have is of the older variety that allow it to be used when travelling with another airline so it will work out well in this case.