DJ Amex Hilton Honors transfer gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
Can someone else confirm? I can't see it anymore when logged in to DJ Amex.

When I'm in my Amex Reserve, it's still there.

did you get a reply? I don't know what to do with the DJ points now..
For those playing along at home, I have just lodged a complaint with Amex. The transfer rate to HH was changed to 2:1 without any notification at all. Even their website on the reward changes David Jones American Express Platinum Card Changes | Amex AU doesn't mention anything.

See what happens. Hoping to use my points at Conrad Rangali.

did you get a reply? I don't know what to do with the DJ points now..

Yes I did. A few days after lodging the complaint, the extra points that I've used because it was transferred at 2:1 got deposited back into my account. I had screenshots and was ready to go to AFCA if Amex didn't come to the party.

Further to foggy's question above, I looked up the latest version of the membership rewards terms and conditions I can find for the DJ Amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-...webImageName=new-david-jones-mr-tncs_2019.pdf

Hilton Honors is still listed under 11.4.

15.2 We may vary the number of Membership Rewards points required to purchase a specific reward at any time without giving you prior notice. However, we will give you at least 60 days notice if we choose to significantly increase the number of Membership Rewards points required to redeem rewards as a whole unless this increase is as a result of an increase in the cost to us in providing such rewards.

15.3 We may remove rewards which we believe are not material to the Membership Rewards program without prior notice. This may include the removal of certain rewards partners and/or the removal of certain reward products supplied by those partners. For rewards and reward partners which we do consider material to the Membership Rewards program we may remove such rewards on giving you no less 90 days prior notice provided that we shall not be obliged to give you notice if the removal was required by law.

As far as I'm concerned, I still have not been notified of the increase in points for transfers to HH (60 days noticed required, and I would consider doubling the points required as significant) nor have I received any notification of the removal of HH (which I consider material).

Yes I did. A few days after lodging the complaint, the extra points that I've used because it was transferred at 2:1 got deposited back into my account. I had screenshots and was ready to go to AFCA if Amex didn't come to the party.
Hmm, hilton seems to have been dropped from DJ Amex?

Hmm, hilton seems to have been dropped from DJ Amex?

I'm considering drafting a written complaint because that's a necessary step before going to AFCA. Even as of now, the Amex rewards changes page does not mention anything about changes to DJ Amex redemption rate other than for gift cards.

I can't see Hilton in the redemption list for my DJ Amex now, do you still have it for yours?

I can't see Hilton in the redemption list for my DJ Amex now, do you still have it for yours?

I can't see it online when I log in. I'm guessing it's still available when you call, but they'll tell you it's 2:1.

Missing transfer links notwithstanding, didn't the rates change to 2:1 with the rest of the devaluations in April? All of the Membership Rewards cards programmes were unified and transfer at the same rates.

2:1 to Hilton is mentioned in the Point Hacks guide from the time.

Missing transfer links notwithstanding, didn't the rates change to 2:1 with the rest of the devaluations in April? All of the Membership Rewards cards programmes were unified and transfer at the same rates.

2:1 to Hilton is mentioned in the Point Hacks guide from the time.

If you go here: David Jones American Express Platinum Card Changes | Amex AU

Nothing is mentioned changing from 1:1 to 2:1 under the DJ Platinum Amex. I can see that the article mentions the change, but I never received any change notification for the DJ Amex from Amex other than for gift cards.

My other card, being the Reserve, does mention the change of going to 2:1.

Yeah, I think they would refer you to the second FAQ:

"Your points balance remains the same, however the rate at which you redeem points has increased from 15 April 2019. This means you will need more points to redeem some redemption categories. For a full list of your redemption options and to use your points, please click here and login using your account details."

Why it has disappeared from the transfer options I do not know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back