Discussion/Q&A on Best QF Status Run Options | Page 284 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Discussion/Q&A on Best QF Status Run Options

Foreigner

Established Member
Sorry I didn’t make it abundantly clear. I meant the trip early Apr to KUL following my first status run at end of Mar when I would qualify for platinum tier

Reactions: DC3

Arpoppe

Hi everyone, with the travel restrictions in place by governments will we still get the double status credits when we cancel and get the voucher? My conference has been cancelled and even if I did fly in to Sydney, I'd be quarantined as I'm based in Singapore.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Hi everyone, with the travel restrictions in place by governments will we still get the double status credits when we cancel and get the voucher? My conference has been cancelled and even if I did fly in to Sydney, I'd be quarantined as I'm based in Singapore.
Reports seen so far suggest yes.

Kerrodt

Reports seen so far suggest yes.
You won’t get SC’s or DSC’s by only cancelling and taking A voucher. There are no reports to suggest that you will.

You will have to rebook an eligible flight, using the voucher, retaining the original PNR, within the promotion period, and fly. SC’s only come from flying.

Arpoppe

You won’t get SC’s or DSC’s by only cancelling and taking A voucher. There are no reports to suggest that you will.

You will have to rebook an eligible flight, using the voucher, retaining the original PNR, within the promotion period, and fly. SC’s only come from flying.
Absolutely. That's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying for everyone, it's an important distinction to make.

Hoatzin

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Oh I wish we were still in a position to be talking more here...

Hopefully if we and NZ can get on top of the cases we can reopen our borders and at least be able to get some intl travel.

CaptJCool

Established Member
Then we’ll all be debating if PER-Syd-WLG-Mel-AKL-CHC-IVC-HBA-PER would yield more SCs than a run around Australia!
Sorry we can’t get this off the ground because the privatised Perth airport is blocking in planes due to unpaid fees....lol

clod

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Isn't the best status run now flying on any route that is still operating? ;)
Except QF isn't awarding points or SC on the repatriation flights. So status is now more of a feeling instead of a perk...

LukeP

Qantas
Qantas Club
Virgin
Red
Based in Perth, only need 65 SC to get to Qantas next tier, unfortunately before the 31st July, relying on a few restrictions eased to achieve this. Please inform me the best flights to do this own domestically.

sudoer

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Based in Perth, only need 65 SC to get to Qantas next tier, unfortunately before the 31st July, relying on a few restrictions eased to achieve this. Please inform me the best flights to do this own domestically.
Have you looked at the Woolworths and BP promos?

Woolworths is an easy 50 SC if you get targeted with a spend x over x weeks offer or they run another 'buy a $50 gift card for 1000 points' deal.

BP is 10 SC for signing up and another 10 SC for filling up 500L of BP Ultimate.

LukeP

Qantas
Qantas Club
Virgin
Red
Have you looked at the Woolworths and BP promos?

Woolworths is an easy 50 SC if you get targeted with a spend x over x weeks offer or they run another 'buy a $50 gift card for 1000 points' deal.

BP is 10 SC for signing up and another 10 SC for filling up 500L of BP Ultimate.
Post automatically merged:

Cheers. The Woolworths rewards was able to pick up 10 SC only as this was a one time deal only. Picked up the BP one as well. Will not be able to fill up with 500L by that date unfortunately.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Mattg

Flights
My Map
The WWR promo isn't a one-time only deal. You can earn up to 50SC by 30 June.
Yep. For the remaining few status credits, if you still need them, I think a return trip to somewhere in WA would have to do. I assume you're still allowed to fly within the state?

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
affz