Discussion/Q&A on Best QF Status Run Options | Page 270 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Discussion/Q&A on Best QF Status Run Options

jsf

I'm 90SC short from hitting Silver and would appreciate any recommendations to reach it. Rollover date is 31 Dec 2019 and based in BNE.

I've been looking out for cheap flights but haven't found any yet...
OOL-SYD-MEL return will give you 80 SC. If there is a double status credit promotion, you can net 160 SC

wandering_fred

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
UL have their 40th birthday sale fare starting today until 3/9. Prices aren't too bad.

E.g. AUH-CMB-CGK return nets 320SC for $1,000.
UL has a page outlining "the fine print" here
There a a number of "black out dates"
  • Valid for Eco promo restrict and Biz promo restrict fare family.

• Tickets are not permitted for date change and are non-refundable.

Happy wandering
Fred

• Informative
Reactions: Ade

Peter78

Hi everybody,

not far away from LTG and with two trans-Tasman J trips (@ approx. $950 return ea.) booked in the new membership year starting Oct 1, I am eyeing the opportunity to make WP for the first time in a while. There will be several other domestic trips in Y, plus I get the chance to fly to Europe for a trade show in early May,

Questions: I found Qatar J to Germany, from both CRK and MNL, for about A$2,400 return, which I consider a good price. At this stage, I have not decided how to get to the Philippines, however what options are there for status runs ex Manila - MH and if so, do they generally require minimum stays or is same day turn-around possible? UL via Colombo, to the Middle East, again is a same day (same plane) turn-around an option?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, even if I don't make it to WP, I can chalk up SCs towards LTG. Thank you!

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Hi everybody,

not far away from LTG and with two trans-Tasman J trips (@ approx. $950 return ea.) booked in the new membership year starting Oct 1, I am eyeing the opportunity to make WP for the first time in a while. There will be several other domestic trips in Y, plus I get the chance to fly to Europe for a trade show in early May,

Questions: I found Qatar J to Germany, from both CRK and MNL, for about A$2,400 return, which I consider a good price. At this stage, I have not decided how to get to the Philippines, however what options are there for status runs ex Manila - MH and if so, do they generally require minimum stays or is same day turn-around possible? UL via Colombo, to the Middle East, again is a same day (same plane) turn-around an option?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, even if I don't make it to WP, I can chalk up SCs towards LTG. Thank you!
MH do have some cheap fares fairly regularly. Trouble is flights starting from MNL with MH tend to be expensive. If you are thinking of using QR to get to EU from MNL, say, then don't necessarily limit yourself to starting an MH run there.

Consider flying AU-Asia, and then use MH to get from there to MNL. E.g. AU-NRT//NRT-KUL-MNL//MNL-DOH-FRA.

illusion10

Hi everyone!

AFF lurker but now hoping to get some advice. Currently looking to retain WP (30 April is my expiry date) and with upcoming travel plans will need about 255 status credits.

I'm based in London, and looking at potential status runs I could do, looking at either:
1) From New York (as I'll be there in April) - any suggested routes from New York?
2) From UK - Ive been looking at the Madrid <-> Frankfurt route on LATAM which nets 120 status credits - but will need to get out to Madrid - and probably will need to do that route twice.

illusion10

LHR-xMAD-BCN on IB/BA. 200 SC for $500ish. Build in the MAD-FRA LA return on a stopover for a total of 320 SC for <$1000
Thanks that would be a perfect route, I can't seem to find the "LHR-xMAD-BCN on IB/BA. 200 SC for $500ish.' all the prices I've seen are around $1k for some reason. So would you suggest something like:
1) LHR-MAD
2) MAD-BCN
3) BCN-MAD
4) MAD-FRA
5) FRA-MAD
6) MAD-LHR

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Thanks that would be a perfect route, I can't seem to find the "LHR-xMAD-BCN on IB/BA. 200 SC for $500ish.' all the prices I've seen are around $1k for some reason. So would you suggest something like:
1) LHR-MAD
2) MAD-BCN
3) BCN-MAD
4) MAD-FRA
5) FRA-MAD
6) MAD-LHR
The best pricing tends to be on IB, BA always seems to price higher. I've always found the availability I want using using Matrix and then call to book as can't always get the route to price up online. If you can generate it on Google Flights you can click through from there and usually works OK.

Qantas
Platinum
Any good MH runs from Bali/DPS? QF’s got some great fares to DPS, albeit in their 737. At least theres no backtracking and plenty of frequencies on MH

onemore

Jase05,
As I haven't done this before with Malaysian Airlines, will I get those points just travelling in economy, or is it a business class sale?
Thanks for any assistance.

Qantas
Platinum
DPS-KUL-LGK return in J for $770, 200 SC’s and Langkawi isn’t the worst place to spend a few days
Sounds good. Just found BWN as another option for a bit less $ and 240SC - but have not been to Brunei at all so not sure what to expect...

Qantas
Platinum
Jase05,
As I haven't done this before with Malaysian Airlines, will I get those points just travelling in economy, or is it a business class sale?
Thanks for any assistance.
Business “sale” fares on MH, bookable on the web or with your travel agent.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astocker22