Discount Business - I Class

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chucksta, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    Does anyone know where i can search for discount business tickets (I class)?

When i look for tickets on the qantas website, it does not tell you what class (J or I) until you pay.

thanks

Chucksta

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #2 serfty, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
    The fare will give you a guide. And, for Domestic bookings it's generally D class. I believe I is used for connecting flights on some international itineries.

Do a 'dummy booking' select a date well in advance. Fridays are good as there are alway popular flights that almost never have any discounted Business Class availability. I class (or D Class) will be the lessor of two values that may appear.

E.g. Sydney to Melbourne - Fri 23 Feb 07 shows two prices for J; $433 and $592.

The $433 is showing where it is available. The $592 appears when only full J is available.

i.e.
    • the $433 3:30PM flight is showing J9 D9 I3 U3
    • the $433 4:00PM flight is showing J9 D9 I0 U0 &
    • the $592 4:40PM flight is showing J9 D0 I0 U0

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I class is not sold for domestic-only travel

4. I note that on qantas.co.uk, one can book both "business saver" and "first saver" fares from LHR - SYD, which I can't find on the .com.au site.

£1400 saving on full-fare J, and £2300 in F.

What the... ?!

Only catch is total inflexibility, and minimum stay of "no sooner than the first Sunday after departure".

Still count as J and F for points/SC earn.

No such luck on the trans-Pacific routes, surprise, surprise!