Discount award flights

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Expon, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Expon

Expon Intern

Jun 3, 2006
    Melbourne
    Does anyone know how the system works on discount award flights? ie when the specials are on.

I want to go to japan and it seems that they have 20% off points reguarly but they are not on atm. I want to book my tickets to get it all confirmed, however I can travel on any date and there are pleanty of tickets available.

I don't want to book at full price and then find the next week the diso**** is on and spend more points than I needed too.

Thanks
    Expon

2. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    No one can accurately predict the sales unless they have inside knowledge.

Why not book your flights.

If there is a sale you can cancel and there is only a 5000 point cancellation fee (waived if you are silver or higher)

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Actually, no ...

The 2,500pt revalidation fee does get waived but not the cancellation fee (nor the reissue fee). (Revalidation is incurred for things such as changes to dates and times of flights while keeping the same routings/passengers).