Did Citibank extra points by bal transfer they stopped after

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakDac

Did Citibank extra points by bal transfer they stopped after 3 or 4 NORMAL? Any other cards do this?

I think I know what you're asking :)

I was disappointed to find that Citibank now claim (verbally at least) that they will only do three balance transfers per account and are rejecting anything further.

Overall I have not been very happy with CB Platinum - every interaction I have had with them has had an error on their part and they have never apologised or offered anywhere near what I'd expect the service level to be for a Platinum card.

This includes among other things:

- taking several months to action or respond to initial balance transfer requests, despite several calls to them in the meantime;

- CB card was suspended while I was overseas as I.D. forms were not completed and sent to them, but they had never provided these to me or asked for them and the card had been actively in use for several months; just suddenly stopped with no notice and no calls/letters etc to me first :-(

- recent (3rd, and final, as it turns out) balance transfer was processed very slowly and required a few phone calls to get happened. When it finally went through they put it through twice (and overdrew the card etc). Again, I had to call them to point out the problem and have it fixed and it wasn't entirely smooth.

Overall, the call centre staff I've spoken to seem to have very little control of things and not much idea of what is going on. Basically I'm pretty disappointed, especially considering the fee and marketing about it being a platinum service card.

So.... if anyone knows of any other card with points on balance transfers I'm interested to know! Or any way to get some sense out of CB as so far after 6 months I am not finding it meets my needs as well as I'd hoped. (For these reasons, I'm still using Qantas Visa for good QF points and nice credit limit and reasonable service if it's ever needed, and AMP Amex / Accelerator for the nice 1.5 pts per $ offering).

I signed up many people they 1st said all transfers OK now a letter sayoing NO transfers and many calls re transfers fouled up. On latest non transfer other card had penalty etc because they were so late in informing me EVEN though I called up days before and they WERE going to get back to me NOT HAPPY JAN
Any other cards for extra points?

I signed up many people they 1st said all transfers OK now a letter say
ing NO transfers and many calls re transfers fouled up. On latest non transfer other card had penalty etc because they were so late in informing me EVEN though I called up days before and they WERE going to get back to me NOT HAPPY JAN

citibank balance transfers platinum card

My experience is the same as another previous post in that Citibank, no matter what they say initially and verbally and on paper, actually allow 3 balance transfers per card.
So make them count!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back