Diamond Card is now included in CBA Home Loan Wealth Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three months ago I was collecting some foreign cash from the local branch and was asked if I wanted to upgrade to diamond for the wealth package.I said I'd wait until after my trip to decide.Four days later our new diamond cards turned up.No need to apply.:shock:

I asked and they gave it to me a couple of months ago said was being added to the wealth package. Good to see it's now all official. My Diamond card with higher earn than platinum might actually get used now.

Was added to Wealth Package in December. Strange they describe it as a promo to waive the annual fee - as part of the Wealth Package, the fee is always waived.

Was added to Wealth Package in December. Strange they describe it as a promo to waive the annual fee - as part of the Wealth Package, the fee is always waived.

The no annual fee promo was was a separate promo for all new credit cards: no annual fee for the first year for any new credit card applied for in branch until Feb 2. It was extended for online applications. Not sure if its still available.

When I was with CBA I was offered the diamond upgrade from platinum. This was a few years ago, so surprised to see it as new now.

October last year I raisied this issue with CBA. CBA changed the points earn on plat card in October 14 and I called them and told them it was devaluing the card which was the main reason we signed on to wealth package in first place. We have pretty reasonable spend each year and the lowered earning made it unreasonable. they upgraded us to Diamond provided we accepted a higher limit. I think its a good thing they have allowed this now.

Does anyone here still use this card? Is it of any good use?:) The amex portion.

Should I apply for it? I have the wealth package for CBA so will be free, but is it worth getting or in the end I will just put it in the drawer?
I have a plat edge amex and a citibank signature VISA.

Does anyone here still use this card? Is it of any good use?:) The amex portion.

Should I apply for it? I have the wealth package for CBA so will be free, but is it worth getting or in the end I will just put it in the drawer?
I have a plat edge amex and a citibank signature VISA.

I use it as a freebie from the wealth package. It's quite good. I like the travel insurance and the points are ok. But i don't have a plat edge amex too

I use it as a freebie from the wealth package. It's quite good. I like the travel insurance and the points are ok. But i don't have a plat edge amex too

Ok. do you use it for QF or VA points?

I will probably use it for VA as QF awards are too hard to book if more than 1 pax. I plan to transfer from VA to Krisflyer.

I've been using it for about 8 years now - I had two sets at one stage, one for business use and one for private, but they banned ATO payments getting points, so I moved the business over to Amex Gold Business plus Qantas CU (Qudos) Platinum Visa...

As its free its a good points earner for everyday purchases and bill payments... It also has a good warranty extension and taking-it-home insurance (you drop or break it on the way home, its insured). Never had to use it though, thankfully.

Been looking to jump back into a credit card that will give me more daily points, I have a wealth package so thats a bonus. ive looked at a few and also have bank loan with NAB. I mean 3 points for Amex and 1.25 for visa is pretty good as NAB platinum is 1.5 amex and 0.5 for visa........

so in that respect the CBA is pretty good compared others or am I missing something here

Depends on what you want to convert your 3 CBA points to. Generally, that works out to 1.5 Velocity points on Amex and 1.2 qantas points so they're all very similar once they convert to the currency you're seeking.

Arrggh thanks for currently using Citi signature and I know they reduce points after 3k per statement. So between the two would NAB or CBA better of the two for daily points I'm mainly after QF points. I could apply for NAB for points alone then cancel down the line and get the CBA for maximum points so I think. i'll have to look into it a bit more

im with CBA Wealth package but only Gold card now, i would love to get the Diamond, but just wondering, will it hit my credit history if i ask for an upgrade to Diamond from Gold ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back