David Jones AMEX -> which AMEX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundawake

Hello all, nice forum you've got going here.

I've recently been reorganising my credit cards etc and have been researching the David Jones AMEX a bit more. My partner is an employee of David Jones so I signed up for the AMEX pretty much to boost her stats for the month.

I also recently opted in to the 3-2-1 points program that was recently added to the DJ's card.

But on further investigation the DJ's AMEX doesn't seem to rate that well or be that popular, and seeing as I rarely shop at DJ's anyway I was thinking about switching to another AMEX.

So, which one? I've spent a few hours on the internet looking at possible options and am well overloaded with data now my brain hurts.

Another question, does anybody know if I were to switch to another AMEX, I could transfer my points to the new card?

PS. I wasn't sure whether to post this in this subforum or the other credit card discussion, mods can move it if they feel necessary.

Hi there, and welcome to AFF!

I should begin by letting you know that you can't actually pay with any credit card (including DJ AMEX cards) in David Jones for transactions that include the 10% staff discount (I have a friend who used to manage one of their stores) - so if you were hoping to get some extra points for DJ transactions, it is most likely not worth it (unless you have to pay full price)...

What kind of points are you looking at earning? Did you particularly want to continue with Membership Rewards, or would you rather earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points? :)

Cheers ChrisCh.

If that was the case before it no longer is now, both my girlfriend and I have paid for DJ's items with the now 20% staff discount using our Amex's a number of times. My girlfriend in particular uses her card to buy things from there every week.

As for rewards I'm a fan of the American Express rewards, they rate fairly highly with just about everyone. I don't fly Qantas ever if I can help it, not a fan of the airline. Domestically they are well behind Virgin in most aspects except for food/drinks in included of course. Last time I flew Qantas about 12 months ago they still had old CRT TVs along the aisle using VHS video tapes for the safety demo!! Stuck in the 80s it seems.

I just called Amex, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to transfer my points balance over to a new card. Sad.

So far the Platinum Edge card looks the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back