Cynical public on the future of QFF

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by kamchatsky, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    This just sums it all up for me:

The number of people who post theer saying that they are going to lose so many points like they did when ansett went belly up is amazing. The business isnt going bankrupt - its being bought...

2. pacblue

pacblue Intern

Dec 2, 2005
    Australia
    How pathetic.

Talk about putting your head in the sand.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would want to be informed.

Having said that I don't think anyone needs to become hysterical about the FF program... just yet.

3. The REAL Anastacia Beaverhausen (fans of 'Will and Grace' will know exactly what I'm talking about) wouldn't have to fly commerical, so I don't think she'd care even if it were possible that the QFF program was going to be wound-up.

In any case, QF reserve the right to close the program at any time - it's right there in the fine-print when you join up.

The Chicken-Little mentality will always run rampant during times of change. It's amazing what people think, isn't it!

4. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Surprising to read how the common person has woken up to the games played by the greedy few in power.

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #6 Mal, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
    I don't think I've read more FUD, misinformation and uniformed comments in any other topic recently. People are so easy to scare.

Hmmmm. Well please people, the sky *is* falling in. Please redeem all of your credit card points immediately. I have no plans for any Qantas Award travel over the next 12 months, so I am more than happy for you all to use up your points on small value rewards and leave me some prime rewards when your points are all gone.

The Qantas FF scheme will be around at least until Qantas leaves OneWorld, or they go bankrupt. Which will come first, or will it ever happen? I don't think either will happen in the short-medium term, and seriously doubt it will happen in the long term.

Oh, and I just posted a reply to that blog. If it ever gets approved by the moderator (spose it doesn't help to use a fake email address :D ) then it should be easy to pick!

6. I use apu@kwikemart.com. No wonder my replies are never posted...

7. Soundguy

Soundguy Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Rudd's Banana Republic
    You got that right.... if they will believe man induced 'global warming' they will pretty much swallow anything if the media tell them frequently enough.

8. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Just remember you will know when this new syndicate of owners are lying to us.

If you look carefully at their spokesman and see his lips moving