CX Business class to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific Asia Miles' started by MichelleG, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. MichelleG

MichelleG Newbie

Aug 14, 2007
    Hey, I hope someone can help. Flying to Hong Kong soon Business class. Is there a major difference between B.C. Syd - HK and Brisbane - HK. I have heard that Bris - HK is regional but on the website Syd - HK seems to be too. I have tried calling CX but it takes ages to get through. Please help.

2. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    #2 simongr, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
    Edited

Just a quick check of the CX flight schedules to HKG to confirm aircraft types:

SYD-HKG

CX100 - A330
    CX110 - A330
    CX138 - A330

It will be all "old business class" - so not the new product yet - a very nice aircraft type - similar to the Skybed with more reliable AVOD exceptional service with a slightly greater angled bed though - not as flat as the QF Skybed

BNE-HKG

CX102 - A330 REGIONAL PRODUCT - DO NOT FLY!

And if you took the QF97 it would be a 767-300 - that would be an awful proposition...

Oops - Edited to factor in correct info from NM below

I can't believe the difference in product between the two CX routes!

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There is a huge difference between CX business class on BNE-HKG and SYD-HKG. The BNE-HKG route is operated by 2-class A330-300 aircraft with regional business class. So that means no flat beds, old cruddy cradle seats with not great pitch.

The SYD-HKG (and MEL-HKG) routes use the CX Long-haul business class, which has flat (sloping) beds in business class and operated by 3-class aircraft (747-400 and A330-300).

4. MichelleG

MichelleG Newbie

Aug 14, 2007
    Thanks for replies. I will definitely be changing to Syd - Hong Kong. Pity there's not a better service from Brisbane.

5. simplenet

simplenet Junior Member

Jan 22, 2008
    what about Melbourne to Hong Kong? the info you provided was great and would love commentry on this leg and also how do you get good business class deals?

6. HardieBoys

HardieBoys Member

Sep 28, 2003
    I caught CX 100 from SYD - HKG in December 07, and they had the new lie-flat Business beds. Unfortunately, I wasn't in one of them!

If you catch this flight, it often arrives in HKG earlier than the scheduled 05:00 arrival time (based on an inadequate sample size n = 4). The Airport Express to Kowloon and Hong Kong does not operate at this time, and you will have to get a taxi or limo to your destination, which is not exorbitant at that time of day.

7. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    According to CXs adverts , CX100/138 are operated with the new product

Dave

8. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    That is good news - unless like QF009 you dont like the new product...