Curry paste as a LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

deka2

We have two flights at the end of the week.
EK F BKK-HKG ( as a QF Award redemption) then on to QF 128 HKG-SYD
Our bags will be under the carryon weight.
My query is, we have bought 8 sachets (80GM each)s of curry paste and I’m a bit concerned about screening at BKK and the gate at HKG. We would put them in plastic bags with our other LAGS, but I’m not sure if they will be confiscated.
If that’s a problem are we able to interline our bags from BKK through to SYD if we decided to check them?
Any help would be appreciated

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
If the sachets will fit in your LAG bags then you should be fine.

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
We have two flights at the end of the week.
EK F BKK-HKG ( as a QF Award redemption) then on to QF 128 HKG-SYD
Our bags will be under the carryon weight.
My query is, we have bought 8 sachets (80GM each)s of curry paste and I’m a bit concerned about screening at BKK and the gate at HKG. We would put them in plastic bags with our other LAGS, but I’m not sure if they will be confiscated.
If that’s a problem are we able to interline our bags from BKK through to SYD if we decided to check them?
Any help would be appreciated

You shouldn't have a problem with interlining bags from EK > QF, even if they won't, don't think you will have a problem with it in carry-on, maybe just an elastic band around them so they are in one stack?

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
I take 6-8 packets of curry paste in my LAG bag every time I leave BKK.Have never had it queried there or any other airport including transitting HKG.
Just remember to declare it coming back into Australia.

deka2

Many thanks for the replies
Always good to know your options
Will just see whether purchases in BKK put us over the carryon limit
May also be an interesting flight from HKG -SYD
Currently my wife is in 3A and I'm in Y with an upgrade request.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I have put all sorts of interesting things in my LAGS collection. Never been questioned.

markis10

Veteran Member
I have put all sorts of interesting things in my LAGS collection. Never been questioned.

Never???? Who was it then who had a slight issue at the transit security checkpoint in Sydney during a certain double F lounge run :confused:....:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.