Crediting QFF Ultimate Free Flight to AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just wondering - when I booked my free PER-SYD-PER flight through American Express, I asked the agent if I could put my AA number in the booking, and the Customer Service Agent refused to do it, and put the QFF number in.

So should I just switch it over when in the QP waiting for the flight? Or can you do it earlier?

Just wondering - when I booked my free PER-SYD-PER flight through American Express, I asked the agent if I could put my AA number in the booking, and the Customer Service Agent refused to do it, and put the QFF number in.

So should I just switch it over when in the QP waiting for the flight? Or can you do it earlier?
I know you can add an AAdvantage number to a booking via "Manage Your Booking" on the Qantas web site if there is no FF details add. I expect it can also be done if there is a QFF number there. All you need is your booking reference number and surname.

You can also phone Qantas and provide them the booking reference number and ask them to remove the QF FF number from the reservation.

Does Amex allow free PER-SYD-PER flight with Qantas? I thought they have removed this, and only short flights like SYD-MEL or SYD-BNE are allowed.

Does Amex allow free PER-SYD-PER flight with Qantas? I thought they have removed this, and only short flights like SYD-MEL or SYD-BNE are allowed.

PER-SYD-PER is fine, but SYD-PER-SYD is not.

Thanks, all, for the clarifications and explanations.

I live in Sydney, so the Perth flights are out then. Last 2 years I have only taken "free" trips SYD - MEL - SYD.

Actually, the flight has to originate in Perth, you don't have to live there.

Which is what I'm doing. I have a flight over with work, and I've wedged an Amex PER-SYD-PER in between a SYD-PER-SYD in order to get the free flight to Perth. The work trip I can't time off, but this way, I am able to fly back and spend some more time there for pleasure.

Not bad for $395!

cannot redeem your free flight to Brisbane from perth, that ended 2 years ago.

I know you can add an AAdvantage number to a booking via "Manage Your Booking" on the Qantas web site if there is no FF details add. I expect it can also be done if there is a QFF number there. All you need is your booking reference number and surname.

You can also phone Qantas and provide them the booking reference number and ask them to remove the QF FF number from the reservation.

Once a Frequent Flyer Number is in the booking, you can't change it online with QANTAS, sadly.

I called a couple of times to QANTAS - one agent said I needed to call American Express as my agent on the flight, and when I called again, the agent happily removed my QFF number and added the AAdvantage number.

Thank you - I wasn't sure they would let me do this. More and more this just seems like a standard O class flight more than anything else, points and all.

Hi there

Rather than create another thread...
I actually forgot about my free flight with the Ultimate card and the renewal comes up in a month or so - I'm going to can the card.

Does anyone know if I ring up and book the flight now (for a Xmas Dec flight) but then cancel the card in Nov whether they will still honour the flight?

Thanks alot.

Hi there

I actually forgot about my free flight with the Ultimate card and the renewal comes up in a month or so - I'm going to can the card.

Does anyone know if I ring up and book the flight now (for a Xmas Dec flight) but then cancel the card in Nov whether they will still honour the flight?

Thanks alot.

Once its booked I am not sure that they can do anything about the booking. They would have paid for it, and it is a non-refunable ticket.

Hi there

Thanks alot.

That's exactly what I'm doing - the second leg of the free flight is not until 2010, but I'm cancelling the card now.

Hi there

Thanks alot.

I think the essence of your question has been answered, but on a related note, the first time I booked my flight was towards the end of my first year memebership on the Platinum card, for 3 mths in advance. They let me use my 2nd year entitlement too, which meant I got a trip Sydney-Adelaide for me and the wife in one hit. I thought that was quite useful at the time, and will be curious to see if that extends to the hotel night option if I take up that option this year instead.

That's exactly what I'm doing - the second leg of the free flight is not until 2010, but I'm cancelling the card now.

I did the same. Booked/Cancelled. Amex did not put up much of a fight on me closing the card which surprised. They asked me why, I told them, and they closed it. Maybe I am not worth much to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back