Credit cards which treat TransferWise payments as *not* a cash advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstgrv

I'm wondering if there's any credit cards out there which treat TransferWise payments (i.e. funding an overseas transfer by paying with a credit card on the TransferWise site) as not a cash advance, or otherwise categorise TransferWise payments as not exempt from earning points?

I'm trying to maximise my points earn on overseas transfers, and TransferWise is still pretty much the cheapest for overseas transfers I've found to date, but they only accept Visa or Mastercard (no Amex), and I've tried the (otherwise awesome) dragon card but it won't let you earn points on TransferWise payments.

PayPal is an option but then you cop a double whammy of fees which amounts to a ~5% premium over TransferWise.

Anyone know of any cards which let you earn points on TransferWise payments? Ideally a business card as well if anyone's aware of one.

If you are lucky enough to find one, it will eventually not work. Each bank figures out who these cash dealers are eventually. Then you get slugged with hefty fee if its a large transactiion.

plus if anyone has found one, they would be silly to advertise it.

Westpac used to at least not charge the cash advance fee but they did not give points. They did a product change from Visa to Mastercard and for the first time they charged a cash advance fee.

What about Qantas cash? Does that work with Transferwise to at least get some QF points?

Hsbc and Anz do not work .
Post automatically merged:

I'm wondering if there's any credit cards out there which treat TransferWise payments (i.e. funding an overseas transfer by paying with a credit card on the TransferWise site) as not a cash advance, or otherwise categorise TransferWise payments as not exempt from earning points?

I'm trying to maximise my points earn on overseas transfers, and TransferWise is still pretty much the cheapest for overseas transfers I've found to date, but they only accept Visa or Mastercard (no Amex), and I've tried the (otherwise awesome) dragon card but it won't let you earn points on TransferWise payments.

PayPal is an option but then you cop a double whammy of fees which amounts to a ~5% premium over TransferWise.

Anyone know of any cards which let you earn points on TransferWise payments? Ideally a business card as well if anyone's aware of one.
If you have an address in uk / Eu have you considered getting a curve card for debit funded credit ?😉I have a referral for the card in the referrals forum .

I've given up on Forex and earning points
Used to do a lot couple of years ago but now all too hard

I'd be happy to at least save the cash advance fee. No one has tried this with a Qantas Cash Card? Does it work like a debit card for this purpose?

I need to send money to the USA. So trying to figure out the best way to do it

I need to send money to the USA. So trying to figure out the best way to do it

I was always a transferwise fan but look at ofx -https://www.ofx.com/en-au/ I had to move a 6 figure sum from the UK to Australia and I told TW that ofx had a lower commission and they said OK fine go with them - I was flabbergasted

Does OFX post as a cash advance on credit cards?

any update on a card that earns points and doesnt process as an advance for TW? What about cba ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back