COVID-19 and Tennis

Anna

Established Member
Serbia has cancelled a Rio Tinto project for a controversial lithium mine there.

But on the tennis, does Jim Courier irritate the hell out of anyone else or just me?

HappyFlyerFamily

Another Aus Open star tests positive to Covid

A second player at the Australian Open has tested positive to Covid-19.

Belgium’s Alison Van Uytvanck returned a positive result to her exit PCR test, confirming on social media that she was isolating in Melbourne.

“My exit test in Melbourne to go back to Belgium came back positive,” she wrote on Instagram.

“I am isolating and following all requirements. I have very mild symptoms and am looking forward to coming back even stronger.”

MARTINE

Established Member
..so we have the Special K’s through to the men’s 1/4 doubles…and Aussie Storm Sanders w Caro Dolehide (USA) through to the women’s…. a good year for local talent
Wouldn‘t it be great if Rafa and the Demon played the men’s final and Ash won the women’s..
its been great this year
what was the name of that tosser from Serbia again ??

dairyfloss

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
..so we have the Special K’s through to the men’s 1/4 doubles…and Aussie Storm Sanders w Caro Dolehide (USA) through to the women’s…. a good year for local talent
Wouldn‘t it be great if Rafa and the Demon played the men’s final and Ash won the women’s..
its been great this year
what was the name of that tosser from Serbia again ??
Novax Deportovic?

TheRealTMA

Qantas
Platinum
IMHO: It’s very good that they have now gone to full automatic line calling rather than the older manual calls with Hawke-Eye reviews. The error margin is 3 mm as I understand. Stops all of that disruption of a player having disputed line calls and limited reviews etc. McEnroe would have loved it.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

dairyfloss

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Brilliant playing by Ash tonight
…completely demolished Jessica Pegula
She is all class
Pegula started well in game 1, running out to 40-0… and then somehow ended up being broken in that game. It was nothing but the Barty show. 6-2, 6-0. Ash still had time for dinner and a show before night night!

Pushka

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Just waiting for him to get into #Slomo for the treatment of the disabled. The poor guy can’t catch a break.
I am hoping that he will be a positive influence and seek solutions. I hope his trip to commemorate his award has a positive effect on his last match in the Open. I think it's a fabulous award this year and I usually don't agree with sportspeople being awarded Australian of the Year but this is so different.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..