Could it be adios Neil Perry? | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Could it be adios Neil Perry?

drron

Enthusiast
My more recent experiences with BA have been better on BA but that is club world in Europe not Y.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Good riddance if true. QF has some of the worst J food going around
The Wonton soup that I had a few post ago tastes like a $5 frozen packet you can get from Coles.

The salad, well, was just a few "Neil Perry inspired leaves".

The breakfast I had was cereal which you can get 6 packs for $3, and a standard croissant you can get for probably $1?

And then I have to remind people that I am getting all of these whilst flying QF J, and all of these food are "Neil Perry Inspired".

p--and--t

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I used to eat a lot in the Syd F lounge before my flights to avoid having to eat the Qf J food!
My main complaint with the QF catering was why did it take up to 3 hours to serve three courses on board in such a small cabin. It significantly reduced the time to sleep on overnight flights and created so many unnecessary interruptions to watching a movie in daytime flights.

Himeno

Established Member
The only reason I've even heard of Neil Perry is because Qantas keeps spamming his name. What makes him so "special" anyway?

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The only reason I've even heard of Neil Perry is because Qantas keeps spamming his name. What makes him so "special" anyway?
Where have you been for the past decades? 😉

Neil Perry - Wikipedia

Edit: Just joking. Anyway, ‘special’ is probably in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:

k_sheep

Established Member
I second good riddance. In J you get poor quality meat with no flavour served with empty carb and sad green thing. Honestly I'd rather the Y meals half the time.

DC3

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Well, certainly quite a few NP knockers. But who actually believes that we may be in for something better?

Last edited:

Archphoto

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Still attempting to work that out myself . . . ;)

Well, certainly quite a few NP knockers. But who actually believes that we may be in for something better?
I don't, but if NP is the epitome of their idea of "fine fare", it couldn't get any worse . . . could it? :rolleyes:

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Back in the late 90's I had a flight from AKL to MEL one evening on QF. I had used an upgrade certificate to go to Business on the 763 (dreamtime seats) service.

An EK 777 had gone U/S and the flight was full but for whatever reason they transferred the EK meals to the QF service.

The menus were useless but in the end I was served the largest and nicest filet steak I had ever had in flight.

This was before NP but Qantas already had form.

Flights
My Map
I recall in late 90's the first time I had a NP menu in J, out of LHR. The crew were apologising with every dish they brought out.
Maybe F was a different story, but in J the menus always looked great, but the food never delivered.

drron

Enthusiast
George Colombaris should be desperate for a bit of cash.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ivert