Corporate Cardmember benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanli

I got my corporate Qantas Corporate Card today. From AMEX website cardmember benefits separate work from pleasure state that "Keep your company and personal expenses separate by applying for a companion American Express Credit or Charge Card. The annual Card fee will be waived for as long as you remain a Corporate Cardmember." I rang Amex CSR to waive my current gold personal charge card, however the lady said that could not waive the annual fee. Just wondering does anyone have same situation?

do the T&Cs state they will waive an existing account or it has to be a new product? if it applies to existing I would just fax them a letter with a copy of the corp offer.

I can't find any T&C regard it. If it for new card only, rather cancel existing card and then applying a new card.

I got my corporate Qantas Corporate Card today. From AMEX website cardmember benefits separate work from pleasure state that "Keep your company and personal expenses separate by applying for a companion American Express Credit or Charge Card. The annual Card fee will be waived for as long as you remain a Corporate Cardmember." I rang Amex CSR to waive my current gold personal charge card, however the lady said that could not waive the annual fee. Just wondering does anyone have same situation?

Can you link and/or screenshot the page on the website which says this?

I think I found how you do it. Log into your corporate card account ... click "get supplementary card"
I can then choose from all of these with no annual fee:
Platinum Rewards Credit Card
The Gold Ascent Credit Card
The Platinum Edge Credit Card
Platinum Reserve Credit Card
The Qantas American Express Discovery Card
The Qantas American Express Premium Card
The American Express Velocity Platinum Card
The American Express Velocity Gold Card
The NEW American Express Velocity Escape Card

Which would we all pick ... I need to analyse! Thanks for the idea brendanli!

I also asked CSR to waive my Platinum Edge Credit card, the lady said can't do it either.

I think I found how you do it. Log into your corporate card account ... click "get supplementary card"
I can then choose from all of these with no annual fee:
Platinum Rewards Credit Card
The Gold Ascent Credit Card
The Platinum Edge Credit Card
Platinum Reserve Credit Card
The Qantas American Express Discovery Card
The Qantas American Express Premium Card
The American Express Velocity Platinum Card
The American Express Velocity Gold Card
The NEW American Express Velocity Escape Card

Which would we all pick ... I need to analyse! Thanks for the idea brendanli!

yes, I find it too. It is for applying new card from online card account. Thank you. I will cancel my Platinum Edge Credit card first, then re-apply to avoid annual fee.

Wow, I'd never noticed that.

Did you just call them and ask about it? Can't find anywhere to apply online.

Log into your corp card account. In the left column is 'get supplementary card'. Click that and you can apply.

The list I can choose from is in my post above (all no fee).

Bizarrely, the Gold and Green cards seem to have annual fees while the Platinum one doesn't for me.

Makes no sense.

It also doesn't seem clear whether this is a supplementary card to my existing Amex Discovery or???

I'm confused with this offer.

Separate work from pleasure sounds great but why do they refer to it as a supplementary card? If I apply for a 'supplementary card', will it be in any way affiliated with my corporate card? Obviously corporate card is company's liability but what about this supplementary card? I want to apply for a fee free card which is separate with corporate card ie separate statement billable to me.

I called CSR again today. They were helpless totally very disappointed and they promised call me back to answer my question. However, nobody rang me yet. I emailed AMEX and this what they said:

Dear Mr. Li,
I'm unable to locate more details of the offer of companion card with the corporate card. In order to get more clarification on this offer, I have forwarded a request to our Marketing Team. They will review the offer details mentioned in your email and provide further clarification. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to do follow up and as soon as I receive any update, I will inform you via Secure Message Centre.

So, I will update once I get reply.

I'm confused with this offer.

Separate work from pleasure sounds great but why do they refer to it as a supplementary card? If I apply for a 'supplementary card', will it be in any way affiliated with my corporate card? Obviously corporate card is company's liability but what about this supplementary card? I want to apply for a fee free card which is separate with corporate card ie separate statement billable to me.

You will probably find the corporate card is your liability. I know mine is...

I called CSR again today. They were helpless totally very disappointed and they promised call me back to answer my question. However, nobody rang me yet. I emailed AMEX and this what they said:

Dear Mr. Li,
I'm unable to locate more details of the offer of companion card with the corporate card. In order to get more clarification on this offer, I have forwarded a request to our Marketing Team. They will review the offer details mentioned in your email and provide further clarification. Please allow 3 to 5 business days to do follow up and as soon as I receive any update, I will inform you via Secure Message Centre.

So, I will update once I get reply.

I had the same experience. Will post if I get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back