Coronavirus is spoiling my platinum status. What are my options? | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Coronavirus is spoiling my platinum status. What are my options?

newbuyer1976

Hi all. Thanks for the honest (and somewhat expected) feedback.

Looks like it's a chance to explore the Qantas Club for the first time in years. Yay :|
Go back to where you came from! We’re full! We don’t love it either but what choice do we have in Club?

Patjc

Talking with Qantas CS this week she said the double status promo last week was the busiest ever, it crashed their system. I booked all my domestic and NZ flights for the next 6 months, so I should just make WP again end of June. She said lots of others did the same. Which means Qantas had all of this cash now upfront.

JB expat

I'm hoping they run another double status promo mid year as I have another trip to book for early 2021, but we don't yet have the dates nailed down. Work has a moratorium on most global travel and won't approve any new bookings until there is a clearer picture of how this all unfolds - which means that I could only take advantage of the DS promo for personal trips which is not how I earn most of my SCs.

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
What about making an Intl booking. cancelling it shortly thereafter (no doubt at some small cost) and then claiming force majeur to QF when your April review comes around ?
If someone is prepared to spend 5 minutes on the phone with the QF agent laughing at them then I say, "go for it"

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minksta