Converting AMEX points to Krisflyer or NH

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tliu, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. tliu

tliu Newbie

Jul 20, 2006
    Hello! I haven't really gone through the forums and I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask this, but hopefully someone can help me out!

I have a lot of AMEX points, but with the inefficient 2:1 ratio of conversion to krisflyer, I'm almost thinking it's not worth it (and that I should just transfer to QFF). I generally prefer flying with star alliance and so I don't really want to transfer to QFF if I don't have to).

My question is, there is a more efficient way to transfer points from AMEX to Krisflyer through some hotel rewards program?

Also, I'm thinking about doing the NH superflyer thing in the future by enrolling in their program instead. Is there a way to filter AMEX points to NH through a hotel rewards program?

:)

2. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    Welcome to AFF Tliu

Visit www.webflyer.com and there is a tool for points conversion.

Good luck

3. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    tliu, the 2:1 ratio isn't all that bad depending on what you want to book,as some of the Krisflyer redemptions are less than on Qantas, particularly when booked in business class, ;leaving from ADL; and booked online with the 15% discount.

examples
    ADL/PER - Europe in business class - 256,000 pts on QF vs 110,500 on SQ (=221 Amex points)
    MEL/SYD/BNE - Europe in bus. class - 256K on QF vs 123,250 on SQ (=246,500 Amex points)
    ADL-SE Asia/HK in bus. class - 120K on QF vs 55,250 (110,500) on SQ.

Not aware of good hotel filtering that would get better than 2:1 ratio.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Tliu, I extend a welcome to AFF as well :D

Here is the actual link to the Inside Flyer mileage conver tool: Mileage Converter.

Good Luck...