Concorde Room | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Concorde Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrow

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
148
Hi

I am travelling on QF (J) from LHR-SYD (one flight). I have requested an upgrade to F.

If the upgrade clears... I was wondering if I would have access to the Concorde Room? I understand that this lounge is not covered by the OW agreement but by a different QF-BA agreement

If so is this information published anywhere? As I would like to print it out in case the lounge attendants decide to refuse access.

thanks
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
If you are in F on QF, then you can use the Concorde Room plus the pre-flight dining. Just show your boarding pass at the lounge

Dave
 

Travel Guru

Established Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
2,002
Be sure to check out the shower, its one of the best lounge showers i've ever had.

TG
 

Chucksta

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
623
Is the Concorde Room the BA F lounge?

Does a QFF WP card get you in?

Or is the F lounge separate to the Concorde Room?

Chucksta
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,266
Flights
My Map
Chucksta said:
Is the Concorde Room the BA F lounge?
The Concorde room is a private lounge run by BA and not subject to OneWorld admittance rules.

Access is granted to those flying QF or BA in F (but not op-ups I believe - not entirely sure) and some former frequent Concorde flyers who have access as well via a special entry card. BA Premier's (Their equivalent of Qantas Chairman's Lounge) also get entry.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,799
Flights
My Map
Chucksta said:
Is the Concorde Room the BA F lounge?
No. It is a separate lounge, previous used for Concorde passenegrs.
Chucksta said:
Does a QFF WP card get you in?
No, only a F boarding pass for BA or QF loung-haul departures from LHR T4.
Chucksta said:
Or is the F lounge separate to the Concorde Room?
The FLounge is downstairs, the J lounge is upstairs and the Concorde Room is on the departures level.
 

maninblack

Established Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
2,303
Mal said:
The Concorde room is a private lounge run by BA and not subject to OneWorld admittance rules.

Access is granted to those flying QF or BA in F (but not op-ups I believe - not entirely sure) and some former frequent Concorde flyers who have access as well via a special entry card. BA Premier's (Their equivalent of Qantas Chairman's Lounge) also get entry.
Of course op-ups get in, as long as you have a First class boarding pass, you are in. Remember, most op-ups to First class go to Platinum or Gold flyers anyway, usually when Y is overbooked, then J gets overfull and voila ;) When was the last time a non Plat or Gold got pushed up to F, except for perhaps a rare reason after boarding.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
maninblack said:
Of course op-ups get in, as long as you have a First class boarding pass, you are in. Remember, most op-ups to First class go to Platinum or Gold flyers anyway, usually when Y is overbooked, then J gets overfull and voila ;) When was the last time a non Plat or Gold got pushed up to F, except for perhaps a rare reason after boarding.
It is quite common for Involuntary Upgrades to be denied entrance.

When an involuntary upgrade occurs when processed by BA, they mark the boarding pass and the booking that it is an involuntary upgrade and the additional benefits of that class are not provided

e.g. a Y-J upgrade does not get lounge access nor pre-flight dining
J-F only gets J pre-flight dining rather than F and does not get Concorde room access

Dave
 

maninblack

Established Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
2,303
Dave Noble said:
It is quite common for Involuntary Upgrades to be denied entrance.

When an involuntary upgrade occurs when processed by BA, they mark the boarding pass and the booking that it is an involuntary upgrade and the additional benefits of that class are not provided

e.g. a Y-J upgrade does not get lounge access nor pre-flight dining
J-F only gets J pre-flight dining rather than F and does not get Concorde room access

Dave
Sure, they can do this but on the at least 3 (from memory) occassions I have been op-upped to F no such thing has occurred and once was at LHR. I really don't think that it is something they are likely to do to Platinum ff's. But yes they can do it and maybe often they do but it has not been my experience. More likely to happen to flukey upgrades that do happen from time to time. That being said, if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, especially Y-J then who really cares about the little perks at the lounge.

Once I was staying at a very fancy and insanely overpriced hotel in Rome. I was put on the Exec floor which had a gorgeous lounge but told by the reception that I couldn't use it, because I was only on that floor because the rest of the hotel was full. Very funny, Mrs Maninblack and I used the lounge all week and no-one ever asked. This hotel charged 15 Euro for a scotch and 20 for a basic Single malt or VSOP Cognac down in the bar, but free in the exec lounge. My room card got me onto the floor and that was it. Fortunately, no boarding passes required. ;)
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
maninblack said:
Sure, they can do this but on the at least 3 (from memory) occassions I have been op-upped to F no such thing has occurred and once was at LHR. I really don't think that it is something they are likely to do to Platinum ff's. But yes they can do it and maybe often they do but it has not been my experience. More likely to happen to flukey upgrades that do happen from time to time. That being said, if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, especially Y-J then who really cares about the little perks at the lounge.
BA definately does do it quite often; in fact with one special upgrade I received, they explicitly marked the BP to state that I was specifically allowed to use facilities and the duty manager came with me to explain that I was entitled to all benefits since normally upgraders don't get them

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,799
Flights
My Map
maninblack said:
Sure, they can do this but on the at least 3 (from memory) occassions I have been op-upped to F no such thing has occurred and once was at LHR. I really don't think that it is something they are likely to do to Platinum ff's. But yes they can do it and maybe often they do but it has not been my experience. More likely to happen to flukey upgrades that do happen from time to time. That being said, if you are lucky enough to get an upgrade, especially Y-J then who really cares about the little perks at the lounge.
note that Dave is referring to BA operational upgrades using BA boarding passes, and not to QF upgrades using the BA facilities at LHR.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,600
Messages
1,884,306
Members
49,492
Latest member
Gaphjam
Top