Commonwealth Bank (Ultimate Awards Card) 100K award points – potentially fee free | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Commonwealth Bank (Ultimate Awards Card) 100K award points – potentially fee free

ylkorea

Agree.

They were provided by @Scr77 in this thread (although may have changed since that date):

I got similar problem as mentioned in the thread above. Applied for the Ultimate Awards and chose $5000 as the CL during application. There was no warning or pop-up or anything during the application that it is for the Standard Awards card, all the emails and text from CBA were clearly mentioned I applied for and approved for a Ultimate Awards card... until I received a standard awards card in the mail.

Called Commbank, got someone to lodge my feedback and promised to call back after talking with a supervisor... they called me back and explained because I chose the $5,000 limit it was automatically downgraded to the Standard. Explained to them that it was not my intention and if the do that the need to have my consent or at least need to inform me during the application. After all can CBA automatically give a person a different home loan product (inferior one) than the home loan the person applied for, without even asking.

I lodged an official complaint to CBA about this. In fact looking at their website right now there is no mentioning about the minimum limit for the Ultimate card before one click “Apply now”, the minimum limit is only shown for the Standard, Platinum and Diamond awards cards but not for the Ultimate card. I am planning to send them all the screen shots as well as their emails in which they approved me for the Ultimate card to prove my case.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I got similar problem as mentioned in the thread above. Applied for the Ultimate Awards and chose $5000 as the CL during application. There was no warning or pop-up or anything during the application that it is for the Standard Awards card, all the emails and text from CBA were clearly mentioned I applied for and approved for a Ultimate Awards card... until I received a standard awards card in the mail.

Called Commbank, got someone to lodge my feedback and promised to call back after talking with a supervisor... they called me back and explained because I chose the $5,000 limit it was automatically downgraded to the Standard. Explained to them that it was not my intention and if the do that the need to have my consent or at least need to inform me during the application. After all can CBA automatically give a person a different home loan product (inferior one) than the home loan the person applied for, without even asking.

I lodged an official complaint to CBA about this. In fact looking at their website right now there is no mentioning about the minimum limit for the Ultimate card before one click “Apply now”, the minimum limit is only shown for the Standard, Platinum and Diamond awards cards but not for the Ultimate card. I am planning to send them all the screen shots as well as their emails in which they approved me for the Ultimate card to prove my case.
So what is the minimum limit for the Ultimate card?

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyerAus