Coles MasterCard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I applied for a Coles MasterCard (to get 3 months velocity ‘explore gold’ over a period of heavy travel), and it was conditionally approved pending verification of income. My income was verified by my employer as equal to what I had on my application, which was more than 4 times the minimum income requirement. My income does fluctuate fortnight to fortnight but evens out over the year. I had been told previously by Coles financial services that contacting my employer was a formality, so I was very surprised when my application got rejected! They said that there isn’t any avenues for appeal but I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or knows of any way to appeal this?

Thanks in advance!

It’s a Citibank card. Give up now! It’s not worth loosing your sanity over!

But seriously, I’m serious, don’t waist your time. :)

I hold this card from before coles sold it off, But I have never been able to get a Citibank card approved. Others never have a problem with Citibank but in my experience, once you are declined by them, every subsequent application will be declined too.

Thanks for your reply! They are such a headache to deal with. Thought it was going to be an easy way to keep velocity status but not to be!

I’d second the just don’t worry about it sentiment. I also hold the card from before it was bought by Citibank and dread it when I have to contact them!!

It’s too bad Citibank are so bad, because apart from that it is a great card.

Absolutely disgrace........ From Citibank and having my Fee Free Coles plat card closed without notification after holding over 10 years!
Did not realise had to use within 2 years.... Thought had....
They closed account in JULY!
Only notified by email today and claim they cannot reactivate card!
Have to reapply and will not get fee Free :mad:

From Citibank and having my Fee Free Coles plat card closed without notification after holding over 10 years!
Interesting but also somewhat obvious, thats fairly common for a bank to close off inactive accounts. If they didnt the flipside if they didnt close accounts for dead people, someone will fiind the card and splurge on it, then have a good old #metoo about the bank sending debt collections after dead people.

the lesson to learn is if we want to keep accounts open, then you need to be using them.

I need them all ...... Tonight I went thru the t&c and no where does it say two years....."prolonged period" but not 2 years...
Gift cards are now three years and that is prolonged period...... Also a warning email or letter that is in the t&c was not received...... Screaming financial ombudsman!!!!!

I need them all ...... Tonight I went thru the t&c and no where does it say two years....."prolonged period" but not 2 years...
Gift cards are now three years and that is prolonged period...... Also a warning email or letter that is in the t&c was not received...... Screaming financial ombudsman!!!!!

Yes, "prolonged period". There's always a way that they can do these types of things. They decide what a prolonged period is, not the card holder. Unfair to you, of course. :(

If haven't used the account for two years, then the customer hasnt lost anything financially. Can probably scream to the Financial Ombudsmen as loud as one likes, it wont help, it will be hard to argue that the bank has acted unreasonable or unfairly.

Fact remains that the bank can terminate a product or account anytime they like, if its Inactive, its inactive.

Just after thoughts AFCA decided that Citi ok to close my FEE FREE Plat account but compensation for not giving notification in appropriate time....
The AFCA offer is $250

Thoughts?

Just after thoughts AFCA decided that Citi ok to close my FEE FREE Plat account but compensation for not giving notification in appropriate time....
The AFCA offer is $250

Thoughts?

You could reapply and consider the $250 as 2.5 years of annual fee free? Or use the $250 towards a card like the ANZ travel adventures card for 80,000 velocity points. It doesn’t have a overseas conversion fee either.

Got my ANZ black and St George offer......going

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back