Coles MasterCard 120k Flybuys ( 60k Velocity )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This card is well worth considering. If you wait for the regular promotions, you are getting 1pt/$. The only catch is that it’s a Citibank product.

Hmm, used to have one but ditched it when Citibank took over and I could not access my account online - no matter what I or their “service centre” tried.
Might be worth another look with those points.

A few things on this -

There's a 138,000 Flybuys to Velocity limit per calendar year that's very occasionally given an amnesty during a promotion. There's no specific exclusion on these bonus points so it would be better to get the card this year rather than next if you want to send the points to Velocity.

Rather than 120k straight away, it's 100k Flybuys on $3k spend and then 20k on the year's anniversary (which I guess at least pays for the second year's $99 fee).

Citi are mindblowingly incompetent but they are used to paying out bonus points for messing up which is every time you have an interaction with them, so you can use it to your advantage

There's a 138,000 Flybuys to Velocity limit per calendar year that's very occasionally given an amnesty during a promotion. There's no specific exclusion on these bonus points so it would be better to get the card this year rather than next if you want to send the points to Velocity.

This is correct, but I have never had it enforced. I’ve transferred many multiples of this in a calendar year without a problem. Perhaps it’s a glitch?

Grr. Applied for this one yesterday with the 120,000 offer then last night saw they'd upped it to 140 via certain specific links and now it's 150. Maybe they didn't get the take up they were hoping for?

Surprised this card doesn't get more love round here -- the ongoing earn rate of effectively $1 = 1 Velocity point (with the regular 15% bonus transfer offer) beats most other cards with much higher annual fees than $99 and with no fees on overseas transactions it seems like a good card to hold longer term.

Really? I mean I get that different people have different needs and that but 75k Velocity pts sign up bonus (as it is now) plus $1 = 1 VA ongoing seems good to me.

I looked at this list of Velocity earning cards -- Best Virgin Australia Velocity credit card sign-up offers -- the signup bonus is competitive and the only non AMEX cards that match or beat the earn rate have much higher fees (e.g. VA High Flyer - $289, Citi $700, ANZ Black $375).

Is it just that this is considered a "basic" card? Or people don't like Citi (the issuer)?

Yet to meet one of those.

Well, I know you like to travel around overseas with bags of cash, but personally I have a fair chunk of non-AUD spend each year which I might as well earn points on. There's only a handful of cards in the market that both earn points and have no forex fees (ANZ Travel Rewards and a couple of Macquarie cards being the only others I think) and this one has the lowest annual fee of all of them. What am I missing?

I have kept this card from before Citi Bank. It’s a good card and I would normally churn like the Dr. I keep it as I got sick of changing all my direct debits over with each new card. I’m happy to pay $99 for this convenience.

Citibank are terrible to to deal with and never approve my applications. If I cancel this card, I will never get another citi card.

150k offer (100k then 50k after a year)

Had to switch browsers for it to show 150k, they must be doing some kind of tracking magic.
Dammit. I just got approved on this at the 120k Flybuys offer level. It's still an excellent return for two years' $99 fees, on a card that is actually great for overseas spending.

Great card apart from the lack of Google Pay.

Anyone know the eligibility criteria for ex-customers of this card? It just says "New Customers" instead of the usual 12 months.

Great card apart from the lack of Google Pay.

Anyone know the eligibility criteria for ex-customers of this card? It just says "New Customers" instead of the usual 12 months.
Not published, but some believe it's an unofficial 6 months.

I have this card for a few years now and pretty happy with it. I have a question though....I recently received a replacement card to replace the current card, which does not expire until next year. (I did not request for this replacement card)

What i find annoying is that, the replacement card expires next year too, which means i will have to update all the direct debits again.

Has anyone else experienced this before ?

I have this card for a few years now and pretty happy with it. I have a question though....I recently received a replacement card to replace the current card, which does not expire until next year. (I did not request for this replacement card)

What i find annoying is that, the replacement card expires next year too, which means i will have to update all the direct debits again.

Has anyone else experienced this before ?
When I called to discuss another matter, I enquired regarding this & it seems to be that Mastercard has changed the Card ID so this replaces the initial digits from 5446 to 5240 so this would be why.

When I called to discuss another matter, I enquired regarding this & it seems to be that Mastercard has changed the Card ID so this replaces the initial digits from 5446 to 5240 so this would be why.

Thank you for the reply. Ah yes, that makes sense actually. I did notice the new card ID just now.

Thank you for the reply. Ah yes, that makes sense actually. I did notice the new card ID just now.
No worries & also make sure to change the customer reference number If already saved in your internet banking so further payments can be correctly credited to your card.

No worries & also make sure to change the customer reference number If already saved in your internet banking so further payments can be correctly credited to your card.

Sorry but just another quick question.....would you know if the current card will stop working, if i activate the new card ? If so, i will have to pay the final card statement before cancelling.

It seems the 138,000 points transfer is enforced. Just tried to transfer for the bonus Velocity offer and got an error message.
As the flybuys system only lets you look back 6 months, and I couldn’t remember which accounts were connected earlier in the year (we swap depending on who might need a few extra status credits) I just had to keep transferring points until computer said no.
Would be handy if they had a way to easily show how many points you had left to transfer per year.
But, gist of it is that the limit is definitely enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back