Cliveden House | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Cliveden House

Princess Fiona

Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Originally built in 1666 for the 2nd Duke of Buckingham as a hunting lodge and place to entertain his mistresses. Cliveden House (pronounce the “live” as in “to live”) has seen its fair share of scandal and debauchery over the centuries. It’s now growing old disgracefully as a boutique hotel set amidst vast National Trust grounds. If you get the chance to stay here I would grab it.
We booked a two night stay through my Virtuoso TA, rate was £500 per night and included Breakfast, $100 US credit, early/late check out etc. It’s a stones throw from Heathrow and we hired a car and drove ourselves there and back. Room was spacious, nice view of the “Profumo” Pool, smallish bathroom but beautifully appointed. We had dinner the first night in the Astor Grill, and second night in the Cliveden Dining Room. Both meals were good. Breakfast is in the Dining Room with the heaving buffet table next door. Decent a la carte menu for hot choices (inclusive). There is a residents lounge overlooking the parterre garden, nice for morning tea and pre-dinner drinks. The pool/ Spa is gorgeous, robes and footwear provided. I had a bespoke Sarah Chapman Facial which was terrific , if a tad expensive. The grounds/ gardens are glorious and well worth exploring. Could easily spend a long weekend here although my credit card would be screaming I think ☺5F2ED955-9643-4F10-A6B9-A784A014BC81.jpeg2A45AC6F-D0FF-4D46-A5AA-61F364B33F41.jpeg9EB73667-9028-495A-BCAA-CB5EBFE4E01D.jpeg9FD7D61F-EF96-4910-AB6A-9379DC931FB5.jpeg

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B donnelley