Citiflyer on a holiday ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ashleyn, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. ashleyn

ashleyn Established Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If a Citiflyer flight operates on a public holiday eg Monday December 25th, does it have the usual Citiflyer services ?

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Some of it depends on the staff involved.

A similar thing happens on weekends - sometimes the bar is open, some other times it's purely a pay per drink type scenario up the back.

I doubt if you'd get the newspaper, but you'd get the normal meals etc.

TBH, I've never travelled CityFlyer on a public holiday, although once again, I've never seen any * on the Qantas site telling me that CityFlyer on Christmas is any different to CityFlyer the day [or 2 days] before.

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    The 25th December is a monday and so the bar should be free. When I have been on a flight on a bank holiday , I have found them try to charge; after speaking to the CSM and pointing out that Bank Holidays are not an exception to the Cityflyer drinks service according to the Cityflyer description, I have managed to get my drinks complimentary.

Seems like it is a paid bar on a bank hol unless you know that you should get freebies

Dave

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A year or two ago I flew MEL-SYD-BNE on a Boxing Day Holiday (A Monday IIRC), departing 4:30PM. No comp HP's MEL-SYD, but were available on SYD-BNE.

AS PER Dave's Post, should such a thing happen again, I will point out the CSM's error.