CitiBusiness Gold 'no longer available'

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

Was on the Citibank website today and found that the CitiBusiness Gold is listed as no longer being available...

I was looking around as I'm considering signing up for the Signature card (don't quite earn enough for Select) as I'm thinking about moving towards Velocity/Singapore for points redemptions...

Am considering the Diners + World MC too, however the Signature doesn't seem too bad, especially with the discounted AF and bonus points for the first 12 months.

Perhaps Citibank has decided that the Gold card is just a little bit too good to be true in terms of QFF earn etc :(

I got rejected for this card once. I can feel relief knowing I don't have to brace the Citibank probing process by applying again in the future.

Yikes! Hope it doesn't go the way of the BP Citi Mastercard, I've only been with CBG for a month!

I notice the 'normal' Citi Gold is also unavailable too, but the message is slightly different "The Citibank Gold Credit Card is no longer available through the Citibank website." rather than "The CitiBusiness Gold Credit Card is no longer available."

I hope existing cardholders can retain the card+conditions for the long term.

Yikes! Hope it doesn't go the way of the BP Citi Mastercard, I've only been with CBG for a month!

I notice the 'normal' Citi Gold is also unavailable too, but the message is slightly different "The Citibank Gold Credit Card is no longer available through the Citibank website." rather than "The CitiBusiness Gold Credit Card is no longer available."

I hope existing cardholders can retain the card+conditions for the long term.

They won"t renew your card once it's expired, they will force you to change to another card. This is the same as BP card.

I was under the impression that for the BP card, they started forcing people to change products almost immediately after they stopped offering the card. I recall reading about another user who had only used the card for about 5 months, and was told that they would be migrated to another product.

I gave Citibank a call, and they said that CBG was no longer available as of 2 November 2012. My bill dated the 4th doesn't mention anything about product migration, so maybe that's a good sign?

Last edited:
This is such a shame, great card.
I also hope they let these cards run.
Mine expires end if 2014 and better half's end of 2013.
If they do migrate I'll be pushing for a Select.

Hopefully they let it run out (I've got until late 2015 now). I wouldn't mind being migrated to the Signature (the Select would be even better) for the same annual fee, but I have a suspicion that any migration would push us to the Platinum. They could argue that we'd still earn the same number of points per dollar, and we'd get Purchase Insurance, as well as more points/$ on international purchases. However, we would lose the ability to obtain a large number of additional cardholders, and the ability to transfer to Qantas.

They won"t renew your card once it's expired, they will force you to change to another card. This is the same as BP card.
Hard to assess if this is a good or a bad thing without knowing the "what next" part. I already have a plat so no interest in being migrated there but to Signature or Select with the same fee (or a substantially reduced one) would be quite attractive. Indeed I am tempted to ask the "what can you offer" question! Realistically would prefer to be on these other cards but can't stomach the annual fees which is where an offer might be attractive and persuade me accross.

Last edited:

Depends - the problem with co-branded cards is that they lose the rights to the branding when their agreements end.

In this case, given there is no co-branding, they may just let in role on for a while, even if it is not open for new applications.

I have been shuddering at a number of threads,but this one absolutely worries me. The CitiBusiness Gold has been very good for me.

transferred my rewards credits to qantas today just in case conditions change. the operator had no further information than what has been posted here so guess we have to just wait and see.

transferred my rewards credits to qantas today just in case conditions change. the operator had no further information than what has been posted here so guess we have to just wait and see.
I don't think conditions will change overnight, am pretty sure they are required to give us some notice under some law or another. Any lawyers who can advise?

Was going to apply for this card this month, looks like I just saved 10 min of my life completing the application process. Verdict, now looking for a card similar to this... looking for similar earn, lowish annual fee, not really fussed with sign-on points, points cap ~200k would not be a problem either...

BankWest just lowered their application fee to $99 for their $200k capped point per dollar on QF for their Platinum card.
Qantas Staff Credit Union and JetStar are probably better but BankWest platform is very stable so you can log on any time.

Damn, this sucks! I was on fee free for life also :(

makes you wonder what their definition is for "life".. i.e will they let you run with this card for a while, or is is all over when they say so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back