Status
Not open for further replies.

one9

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Hello,

I was just quickly looking through the PDS of the Citibank Gold card Travel Insurance, and I was quite surprised to find the following:

"International Travel Insurance is a benefit available to Gold
Cardholders who permanently reside in Australia when the
person’s overseas return travel ticket i.e. ticket (from and
returning to Australia) or just the ticket from Australia (if
only a one way ticket was obtained), is paid for/arranged before
leaving Australia by one of the following payment methods:

* the overseas travel tickets arranged in exchange for the
Cardholder redeeming their frequent flyer points, provided
that the redemption occurs within one month after the
Cardholder transferring at least 500 Rewards points to the
said frequent flyer programme;"

Whilst I have not read the travel insurance PDS of a credit card for a while, I was under the impression that most credit cards did not cover the cardholder when they redeemed using Qantas Frequent Flyer Points.

So from this paragraph, I believe that all I need to do is to transfer 50O QFF points from Citibank to QFF, and then after one month, all my QFF award flights are covered by Citibank Gold Travel Insurance.

Seems a bit too generous (especially with no annual fee for life) Any thoughts?

I thought you can only transfer to QF in multiples of 10,000 points?;)
Still seems generous though...

Hmm, I read it the other way around.

From the time you transfer points from Citbank to QFF you have one month to make a redemption in order to be covered. That is how I read "provided
that the redemption occurs within one month". If you wait more than a month for the redemption then no cover

oz_mark said:
Hmm, I read it the other way around.

From the time you transfer points from Citbank to QFF you have one month to make a redemption in order to be covered. That is how I read "provided
that the redemption occurs within one month". If you wait more than a month for the redemption then no cover

OK, After re-reading it I think you may be correct. It seems that you need to keep 10,000 points and transfer them just before you book with QFF.

Whilst I have not read the travel insurance PDS of a credit card for a while, I was under the impression that most credit cards did not cover the cardholder when they redeemed using Qantas Frequent Flyer Points.

My understanding is that credit cards don't cover the cardholder for travel using frequent flyer points. However many credit cards these days cover the cardholder when tickets are purchased with the credit card.

It seems that you need to keep 10,000 points and transfer them just before you book with QFF.

Yes, thats how I read it.
Its a very generous offer.

Cheers
Sheriff

So from this paragraph, I believe that all I need to do is to transfer 50O QFF points from Citibank to QFF, and then after one month, all my QFF award flights are covered by Citibank Gold Travel Insurance.

Spoke to Citibank Customer Service today about the complimentary Gold travel insurance cover when booking award flights within 30 days of reward point transfer from Citibank to QFF account.

Citibank confirmed that the Gold travel insurance also covers ALL award flights booked for family members traveling with the cardholder.

Cheers
Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back